I found a good buy...

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Amanda Lee, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

on labels!!! I was at Kroger getting my safflower oil and doing my grocery shopping. When I spied the clearance section.

I found Avery white adhesive name badges. They are size 2 1/3" x 3 3/8".
    A 80 count package on sale for $1.65
    These are the size of the ones that say "Hello my name is:" They are made to stick to fabric!! But mine are blank.

I bought all 3 packages, so I got 240 labels for just $4 and some change!!! Laser or Ink Jet printer will work and it tell how to use the Microsoft templates.

I am tickled about my new labels. Now I have to create a special label for my soaps...I am so excited :crazy

Amanda Lee

2. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Congrats! It is pretty satisfying when you get a good bargain!

3. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Thanks

It was funny I almost did a happy dance right there in the store. I did say "Oh oh my!, and 3 year old daughter Vada Lee (who has a hawk's eyes and ears) was like ...what is it mommy? What did you see? Was it a brown bear looking at me?
    I had to laugh and I told her ... No, it wasn't a brown bear but a white soap lable looking at me! So as I gathered up the lables we softly sang the Brown Bear what did you see song. Motherhood would not be the same without a song.

4. Oh how cute! 3 is such a cute age. I love the names you have for your children, I like different names. My one son's name is Stoney. His Dad named him after Stoney Cooper who plays bluegrass music. But people always ask him if its his real name, them they ask were your parents stoners. but it sticks with them and most people remember his name.

Congrats on the labels!!! We need all the help we can get on prices these days.

Mary Lou

5. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Thanks Mary Lou, I love family names and different names. I did not want my children going to school and being named the same as 3 or 4 in the classroom.

I love Stoney's name that is a great name. I love Bluegrass music. We have tickets to see Dale McCurry and his family/band the first week on November. I am so excited!! We also have a good friend that plays mandolin with a bluegrass group. I love all kinds of music.
    Thanks

6. That is so cool. My husband will be jealous when I tell him. We got to see Bill Monroe back in the 80s, but that was in Pennsylvania where we are from. Now we have been in Montana for 11 years and not a lot of bluegrass out here. Take care!

Mary Lou