I finally did it!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Spicer Creek Goats, May 19, 2008.

1. Spicer Creek Goats

Spicer Creek Goats New Member

Hi everyone, I finally made liquid soap. I had been pondering on this for a very long time and finally decided I should quit thinking about it and just do it. I'm very pleased that it turned out so well for the first time. It's a little thinner than I'm used to, but it's not bad and I love the way my hands feel after using it. I have a lady in town that wants to buy 24 bottles of it. She wants it unscented. My bottles should be in Friday, and now I'm going to have to come up with some new labels! I would like to scent my own, but not sure how much fragrance to put in--maybe 1ml per 8oz. What do you all do? And how much do you sell yours for? I haven"t had time to sit down and figure out how much I have in it--guess I should do that. Thanks for listening to me ramble!!!! Julie

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

just wondering are you using dark bottles? I haven't tried the liquid yet just seems like too much time spent.

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Haven't tried making it myself but I'd like to. Dd and I cannot use any brand we've ever bought from the store without our hands turning red and itchy. Except Dr. Bonner's.

4. Spicer Creek Goats

Sondra, I bought white plastic bottles. I thought about the amber, but decided to go with the white. I'm hoping that the dark soap won't show thru too much. We'll see. I'll let you know.

5. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I make and sell it alot, I sell for 1.00 an ounce just like the bar soap... you can make even more on it by putting it in foamer bottles... which is mostly water...
    It can extremely hard to get a good thick liuqid soap sometimes, but can be done with practice and lots of info on additives like borox etc...I absolutely love the stuff and use nothing but my own now...
    As far as fragrance that can be to your taste and how strong you like it
    Barbara

6. Spicer Creek Goats

Barbara, I guess I don't understand how those foamer bottles work. I looked at those when I was ordering. Does the soap actually come out as foam?? I wish I knew more about this as I don't want to order the wrong thing and waste time & money. Julie

7. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

YEs in the foamer bottles the soap comes out as foam. It is mostly water with a little soap in it. I too would love to make LS one day and I will as I have all the stuff to do it with.

8. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Liquid soap is not nearly as hard to make as the book makes it sound, it just takes a long cook to get it neutral... and you don't need to follow half the steps the book says to.. to get a good soap
    Yes it comes out as foam, it is your liquid soap mixed with about 2/3 water or 1/2 water depending on how thin your soap is.. so when someone buys it, they are buying half water... It is wonderful at kitchen sinks, bathrooms etc.. even nice in the shower...
    Barbara

9. Spicer Creek Goats