I feel so responsible!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Beverrlly, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

My first blood samples are on their way to WADDL for their Biosecurity screen: CAE, Johnes, CL and Brucella. I feel like such a responsible goat owner! Now I just have to wait for the results...... :sigh

2. MayLOC

MayLOC New Member

Isn't it such a great feeling of accomplishment; hope they all come back neg. for you! :D

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Great job....sending "negative result" vibes your way....

4. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Since the government nor ADGA cares about CAE or CL the whole responsibility lies upon the shoulders of the goat owner. Testing for CAE is the right thing to do and is a positive step in eliminating this disease. We are proud of you! I hope others follow your example.

5. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

Here's the best part--my vet said the magic words that tells me we're gonna get along just fine:

"I'm trying to convince my husband that we need goats!" and then she asked me prices! HA! If nothing else, it means she likes goats and will get to learn more about them.

6. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Not only will this give you peace of mind and a managment tool knowing their status, I found it sure makes a difference if you sell kids. I hope I eventually get brave enough to do the blood draws myself instead of the vet!

7. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

We are going to be pulling samples in a few weeks. This is only the second time I have done it and last time I had the vet come and the samples, but she showed me how. This time - I think I feel comfortable enough to do it myself. Everyone was neg. which was a relief! I am always a little nervous waiting for the results.

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I don't care how long you do it,how many negative tests, there is always that feeling of dread when sending in blood tests! Vicki