I did it !

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Bella Star, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I bought 2 more doe's :lol .. a NUBIE and a ALPINE :p ,they are 1 1/2 years and have never kidded so I will have to breed them as soon as I get them to our happy boer boys, thats ok as they will have probably single kids. No photos yet as I go get them during holidays.
    These does are bottle babies and have never been around other goats and come from virgin soil,the guy had bought them for wife for milking but wife got sick and now has moved her interest on to dogs that she can manage . He is giving me everything that belongs to the does,2 milk stands,feed,dishes,wormer and he said they had never been sick or ill, they are big and tall ;) ,fat,glossy and healthy they do have horns but I can get them vet D-horned later if they work out and they are spoiled rotten :? . I just KNOW my coco LM will HATE them !!!!!
    I am excited ! my Merry Christmas !!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congrats!! just becareful that they with thier horns don't but your bred girls.

3. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Yep, Sondra ... I am going to separate them for at least 2-3 weeks,worm and give them their shots that we give in January ,have a fence between them so the herd can get use to them too. I am excited about seeing full udders on these girls and what their milk taste like .

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Congratulations! Woo Hoo for the Alpine! More and more people getting interested in Alpines for a good reason too. YEA for you... Merry Christmas! :biggrin

5. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Chris, When I first got that homestead book out of the library and lived in town and read up on chickens,goats and all the other barnyard animals, after reading it, it was my dream to own a Alpine doe and a few hens BUT I have NEVER yet even seen a Alpine goat :nooo , I am buying these 2 does .. sight unseen ! :blush I cant believe it myself. I have always wanted one and a big Nubie with long velvety lovely ears ... so now I get some !! My DH cousin knows this guy and he says the goats are beautiful and well taken care so I hope I ain't playing the fool by buying these girls :blush .... besides I am 50+ and I wanna SEE a Alpine goat !! :rofl
    whew, I feel better now that I have confessed .

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Good for you most Alpines are beautiful, tho I don't want another one myself. Have one and she is a goner after she freshens this year.

7. Melissa

Melissa New Member

sounds like the stuff coming with them is just as exciting! I love my nubians and boers but am REALLY thinking that I'm starting to like saanens.lol. alpines do have their place... behind the nubian lol! (just kidding)

-Melissa

8. Cotton Eyed Does

There you go Linda, another possibility. You'll have to post a picture of her Sondra.

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Nope Cris I just sent a pm to Linda This doe is very bad quality and should never have been sold to begin with. She won't be sold to anyone.

10. Cotton Eyed Does

Awww... what a shame you had this kind of experience with your first Alpine. If you had a good one, one of those 2 gallon a day girls, you would be tickled pink. :D

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH I know but twas not the case. Plus am now concentrating on my Nubians

12. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Congrats on your new goats!

I had 2 Alpines in the past. Real pretty. One was a show goat, I'll have to find her old pedigree. I have a faint interest in Obies or Sannens...if I were to walk on the Swiss side of life.

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hey Linda when are your new ones coming?? am anxious to see pictures.

14. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I hope to get them saturday and I will post a photo. IF they are duds ... I will give the guy $20.00 and tell him to run another ad ... LOL!!

15. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Bet they are A OK.