I am nervous and just need some positive words....

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MiddleRiver, Mar 28, 2008.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

So i have a small ( 80ish lbs ) snubian doe ( Capri ) that was bred to a huge Alpine buck ( her own doing, my first and hopefully last boo-boo )she is a little girl and quite fine boned. She is starting to bag up ( just needs to fill till tight and deliver now ) and is fairly loose in the rear, ligs still easy to find. So far all my does this year have been 3-8 days past day 150 - and have had BIG kids, but thankfully they are bigger does and got them out.

I had talked on here about inducing Capri this weekend ( her 150 day is 3/31 ) as then the kids can't get super big by cooking longer, and i can make sure to be home with her - i even have Monday off - but after Monday, i can't NOT be home with her due to work till the following weekend - so i'm hopeing she has them this weekend - i NEED her to have them this weekend, but i just don't feel like she will, and i'm nervous about this whole thing - i'd hate to loose her as she was my first goat and is very dear to me, we have been through a lot together.

I found out i can't get the Lute and Dex - my vet won't be in the office till 4/4 - he is on vaction out of state - three weeks total - i wish the tech would have told me that when i called on last Fri. to have him call me - they just called today and said, oh yeah, he won't be back till 4/4 - great - now what ?

I just need somebody to send kidding vibes to my doe so she goes this weekend. No other vets in the area will sell to me as i don't know them/they don't know me cause my vet is the only guy i use since i've lived here.

2. Whitney

Whitney New Member

Maybe another breeder in the area has some Lute for you? Maybe a cattle breeder--it is commonly used w/ cattle herds that AI.

I hope it all goes well for you.

3. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Thats what i was thinking of too - however there are no other goat breeders in my area that have it on hand, and i don't know any dairy farms :+(

Thank you for your well wishes !

4. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

I had put a call in to a gal i know that raises goats in CO - she called me back and said if i pay for overnight shipping ( not a problem ) she would send me some - so i was online sending money via pay pal and she calls back saying she went to get it ready and found she was out - bummer, i was excited there for a min. :+( So keep the easy kidding vibes coming my way please.

5. goatsareus

goatsareus New Member

kidding vibes sent your way!! I recently got some lute at my feed store, its owned by a former vet. Keep trying to think of another source for the lute. Could you try another vet and give your vets name for a reference?
    Good luck...

6. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Chrystyna -- Perhaps you could get your vet's tech to call another vet office to make arrangements for picking up a Lutalyse dose. Better probably than a cold call from you.

7. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

My vet's tech's are never any help - i fully explained my situation to them today, and they are not willing to help - i just wish my vet was here, it would be no problem then :+( I've been racking my brain, thinking of anybody i know that breeds goats or cows to ask them - nobody local has it, but i have one more friend out of state that i left a message for, i'm thinking if she calls back and has it if i paid her for over night shipping and for the lute it would still work - as i could then give it to Capri as soon as i get it and have kids on Sunday ( even Monday would be ok because i have it off ) so thats my last chance to get it i think, if she calls me back in time.

I'm starting to really freak out about this, i don't want her to wait till mid week with nobody home to help her.

Thanks everybody for your kind words and ideas - it helps my mental state a bit :+)

8. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Well no luck getting any lute :+( I'm leaving work in two hours, so hopefully when i come back in on Tue. i will have news of an uneventful birth - wish us luck ! Thanks !

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Darn wish I had seen this earlier.

10. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Yea, I wish I had seen this earlier also.. I can't believe your vet's office is so unwilling to help!! I hope his ears are burning! Well, we will be sending good kidding vibes your way and pray for an uneventful delivery either way... I'd tell you not to stress out at work, but... :)

11. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Thanks everybody, i had to come into work today for 4 hours, though i'm not too worried about leaving her - she doesn't look like she is going to do anything anytime soon :+( I wish she would though, i'm so worried she is going to go over due, have big kid(s) and then deliver (or try to ) when nobody is home to help her.

Hehehe - does making them walk/jog help :+) I'll be home about noon today, so maybe ? My girls have always gone from 1pm-7pm - though i'm not sure about Capri yet, as she will be a 3yr old FF. She has her udder ( it did fill more yesterday and is semi-tight )and is loose in the rear, ligs are loose, but easy to find still.

I still wish i knew somebody close enough to where i go go pick up some lute today, as now, even if i knew somebody that was far away and would sell me some no matter what i paid for delivery it wouldn't get here today :+(

Well, hopefully she has them today, Sun. or Mon.

Thanks everybody !

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I hope so too or maybe just wait until next week end.