Hurrying soap along

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by susie, Mar 19, 2008.

1. susie

susie New Member

I need to get my soap ready to sell-- It's already cut and curing-- does being in dehydrator do anything but take out the water? Is there any way to have it ready in a week and a half?
    Or can I OP my GM soap and have it turn out ok?

Thanks!

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

If you put your cut and curing soap in the oven, it will melt and make a big, big mess.... Did you use the full water amount? try putting it in a dry area, where there is no humidy and putting a fan on it helps.. YOu can use your soap right away, it just stays softer, therefore melts away faster.. curing for four to six weeks is best..
    Barbara

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have heard a dehydrator is NOT a good idea. When I need something sooner than 4 weeks I cut the liquid *if* I know my recipe and/or scent can handle it.

4. susie

susie New Member

Nope I meant can I make another batch and Op it without any worries??
    Will it get too hot?

Thanks!

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yes I cp op GM soap all the time in fact that is all I do. It is usable right away tho better if is sits a bit.

6. susie

susie New Member

Does the Gm soap get too hot in the oven?

7. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I've done some that way too. Some fo's will cause it to get too hot. Honey may or may not depending on how much you use.

8. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Also, depending on the flash point of your fragrance.. it can burn the fragrance off.. most fragrances have a high flash point, but there are some low ones out there..
    You can also make another batch and do a big water/milk discount.. and your soap will be ready in a week.. It is best to know how your fragrance behaves before trying this.. I never do this with florals, they always seize on me... many scents can be used with a huge water discount tho..
    Barbara

9. Happytailzfarm

Happytailzfarm New Member

10. Happytailzfarm

Happytailzfarm New Member

How do I do a quote and then reply to that quote without my message showing up in the quote box?
    Aletha

11. susie

susie New Member

at the begiining of the quote and at the end is a quote mark (/quote) or something like this-- make sure you type before or after that, as it signifies the typing that will appear in the box.

Susie