How's your unrefined shea working out?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by kidsngarden, Dec 28, 2007.

1. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I am LOVING IT!!!! I use it on my forhead that flakes like a snaket shedding skin- bit ole' chunks and it is clearing it right up with no breakouts at all.

I haven't tried it in my lotion recipe yet, but I made a lotion bar with it that is divine. And there is no odor so I'm thinking there will be no odor in my lotion as well. BTW I used Lillians honey fragrance for my lotion bars at 2ml per 6 oz and it is amazing. I could just drink that stuff!

So for my next shea coop I found out that if I call in my order I won't have to pay sales tax which would save us 8-9%! so it will be cheaper! Carrie on the whisk is due to have a coop on this in January and I think she gets a better deal than me because she does such a massive volume so watch for her posts in the bargain bin!

Bethany

2. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

I have done two batches of whipped shea so far. One with added liquid oils and one with just shea and scent which I like the best. The shea smell alters the scent a bit but no one seems to mind. I gave out about 15- 2 oz tubs of it for christmas presents and everyone thought it smelled good. Did one with Lavender EO for my sensitive folks and one with energy from BB. The label appeal of the "unrefined" and "fair trade" was nice, most people notcied that. I would like to try lotions bars and soap as well, just haven't had the chance.

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I have used it in a batch of soap that is still curing and made some melted shea with sweet almond oil in it that i really like, it isn't whipped I just melted it and added some oil and Peppermint EO and let it harden again. Good stuff. Will have to get some more...
    Thanks

4. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

If you want to see my lotion bars I posted a picture on the backwardsbidding forum for fun! I think they turned out great, but I need a smaller tin for them. Gosh, I hate having to by yet MORE packaging! I was trying to scale back!

Bethany

5. Josie

Josie New Member

I LOVE it! Just "gorgeous" stuff... i've only done a bit of playing around with it... mostly been using it as is! I'm hooked

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I really love it. haven't made anything with it yet but have been using as is on my hands and face. BOY is it nice.

7. Truly

Truly New Member

I used it in a batch just today. I sub'd 16oz of shea for 14oz of lard in the Walmart recipe. Yes, I used the soap calc.

It looks beautiful. We'll see how it turns out.

8. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

hmm gonna have to get some the next time. Carolyn