How would this work....

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Faithful Crown Nubians, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Zepher bred Delilah and I'm pretty sure she's bred.

If I sell Zepher, can I still registered her kids with out anything special since I owned both doe/buck at the time of breeding? Or will I have to have like a breeding memo or something?

Thanks!

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, it's your goats and your breeding, it's about 'at the time of service', no a sale afterwards. I do keep copies of his paperwork though, it's also how I do scrapies this way I have the 'at the time" name address and phone number of who bought the goat. Oh and when :) Vicki

3. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

:yeahthat

For the past several years, I have sold my bucks as soon as their job was done... around New Years' and never had any trouble registering kids. I also keep copies of papers. I know of some breeders who copy papers on every goat they sell.

4. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Photo-copying the original registration certificate good way to keep track of where your animal went and tatoo and other information. I keep these in a book as a record for scrapies and in case I need info later. I have sold the doe (mother) and kept the kid and needed the doe's registration number later. However, since I have a copy, it is easy to reference. I also make copies of the "puppy" papers or the registration application of kids that I sell.

5. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

:yeahthat I have 3 large folders (optimistic :D ) that I keep
    1.) Registration papers in,
    2.) Sold/Deceased registration papers (copys) in and
    3.) Sold kid , what Tim calls "puppy", papers.

It really makes tracing where animals came from and went to so much easier.

6. Haglerfarm

Haglerfarm New Member

Tim, so do I. I have always made copies of papers of goats sold.
    But, if I lose something, at least we have the ADGA genetic site to check back on.
    Les

7. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Your right Leslie, The ADGA genetic site is a fantastic tool that I use all of the time. We are very lucky to have this for our use. Thanks to ADGA being more than a registry but also provided many other tools such as LA and etc.
    I started copying papers for records though before the ADGA genetic site. The reason: I sold animals in my distant past that I failed to write down who bought them and then they didn't register the goats in their name and therefore wasn't traceable. One was a doe that I wished I had never sold. The folks finally showed back up after she was old and dead. However, I lost her genetics that I thought I wanted back. Taught me a good lesson.

8. Haglerfarm

Haglerfarm New Member

Oh, I understand that. I have done that also.
    I hate it when I can't find where a goat ended up.
    I absolutely love the pedigree site. I use it all the time.
    Sure saves a lot of time, especially when researching pedigree.
    Have a great rest of the day,
    Les