How to treat pinkeye?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jean, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Jean

Jean New Member

Three of our goats have pinkeye. Two are nine months old and the other is six weeks old. They keep telling us there is no medication for pinkeye in goats. We are giving them anti. shots and washing the eye out with saline, but it's not working. Their eyes are draining and are covered over with a white film, and red when you lift the eye lid up. How does one treat this problem.
    Thanks

2. Bethany

Bethany New Member

I'd use terramycin eye ointment put directly on the eye. I had a case of some sort of eye infection back in the fall and that cleared it up for me.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

use La200 without needle and squirt in eye. and get a eye patch over the eye. you can super glue it to the hair. keep them out of bright sun if possible as it really hurts their eyes. they can go blind if you don't treat.

4. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

Zymar works wonderfully....but it's an RX & is a people drop. It works faster then anything else though!

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Got one with it right now. Our first case. We read the LA wasn't good if they are on milk? Vet gave us a shot of something but I can't recall what it was. Another thing that showed improvement was using milk on the eye.

6. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I use BioMycin and just put a drop or 2 in each eye and it works for the goats and cows...I do this with all of them .