How to sell milk

Discussion in 'Cheese & Dairy' started by feistygoatwoman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. feistygoatwoman

feistygoatwoman New Member

I have noticed that a few of you actually sell milk. I was wondering how you go about doing that. I read that you have to have your facilities certified. Did any of you do this, or is it an "under the table" type thing ;). I just wanted to see how you do it. Thanks so much!!!

2. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

Each state has thier own set rules/laws on this, in Oregon raw goat milk sales are legal on the farm (as long as you have less than 9 producing does). You only need a producer-distributor license if your going to sell off the farm.

You can check for your state laws here http://www.realmilk.com/milk-laws-1.html

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Then find someone on the forum that lives in your state and find out the 'real' rules you have to go by :) Vicki

4. feistygoatwoman

feistygoatwoman New Member

;) will do!!! My uncle has decided that we need to start a dairy. We actually use to be milk haulers, so my dad, grandfather, and uncle know a lot about cow milk, but I don't want to do it commercially. Just on a little scale if someone wants it, they can come to my house and buy some. Kind of like how we sell eggs. We will see, Indiana loves their rules, so I will see what I can do. Thanks so much!!