How to Clean Up after Soaping!

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by laughter777, Aug 22, 2008.

1. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Ok usually I know you rinse everything so you don't have soap, but I just had a soap mistake (turned my soap to hard mashed potatoes) Now how do I get the good size chunks of soap off my bucket, mixer, spoon, etc that I used to get the majority of the soap out of the bucket and smooshed into the mold with????

Sarah

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Usually when this has happened to me in the past, i just take the whole pot, put in double boiler and bring to gel stage, cook a little and smush into molds.. Since you have already taken your soap on a spoon out of pot.. can't do that.. It will come out or off in chunks tomorrow pretty easy..
    Barbara

3. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I have been trying to use hot water to rinse everything...so I should dump the water and let sit and dry out, then try to clean everything off?

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

or boil your pot of hot water on the stove and let it sit till tomorrow, regardless of how you do it, it isn't fun

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

the times I have had a sieze I have put it in the crockpot right away and done what barb said.

But for cleaning up after regular soaping - I nearly always leave the soapy pots overnight, they are less greasy after they have all saponified. I just fill them with hot water and leave it for 5-10 minutes and they are good to go.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Don't put them in the dishwasher! :)

Yep I just fill them with water and let everything soak until morning, then just rinse them out, the soap overnight will turn slurry. vicki