How much to sell wholesale??

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Heavenly Angels, Apr 8, 2008.

1. My sister wants to buy my soap wholesale to re sell back in PA. She wants it wrapped & shipped from here in montana. How do you figure out the price and should the soap wrapper have all MY info on it?? Totally confused!!!! :? :sigh how do yall do it??

Mary Lou

2. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I took the advice of Christy here and set my prices as such (these are 4.5 oz bars - actually closer to 5 oz, but I list them as 4.5)
    36 bars mix and match for 116.95 which includes priority flat rate shipping. I say the suggested retail is $6 though I sell them for $5 retail on my site.
    They are wrapped with all my information (including my website) just like if I was to sell them retail.
    If they buy between 10-35 bars they pay $4 a bar.

Bethany

3. Thanks Bethany! I figured it all out how much to make wrap and my time. But it didn't look like much profit for me. where was it talked about before?

4. Thanks Bethany! I figured it all out how much to make wrap and my time. But it didn't look like much profit for me. where was it talked about before?

5. :D :D I found the thread on wholesaling to stores. WOW lots of great advice!!!

6. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I'm glad you found it, that was a good thread.

That's the deal with wholesale - you don't make as much profit. But you also don't have to haul it to a market or store or pay to market your product retail or the fees on a cc everytime someone purchases 3 bars of soap. There are some advantages, but I like the nice mark up for retail a lot better!