How much milk?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by LittleLockettAcres, May 2, 2016.

1. LittleLockettAcres

LittleLockettAcres New Member

I am very new to Goats and am in need of advise. I have 2 Nubians 2 months old. I'm unclear on how much milk they should be getting a day. Could you please advise? Thanks!

2. jdavenport

jdavenport Member

My girls get half a Gallon a day. Spaced out into 3 feedings until 10 weeks old. Then I drop to 2 feedings for a week, then 1 for a week, then no more bottles. Usually by 12 weeks they weigh between 45 and 55 pounds.

3. Goat Town

Goat Town Member

My bottle feeding schedule is similar to Jennifer's, but this year I made a change and saw some extra growth. I fed my babies three times a day for two months with the target of each baby getting a half gallon. Then I fed twice a day for a month with them getting less than a quart each. Then I fed them once a day for 10 days with each baby getting 10 to 12 ounces. Then weaned cold turkey.

4. lovinglife

lovinglife New Member

My 6 week olds are getting 3/4 to 1 gallon a day each on a lambar, they are growing great and are eating grass and hay along with my adults. Seems like a lot but they have no issues and are doing fantastic.