Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

How much grain to feed

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Audrey1 
#1 ·
I have 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats that are 9 weeks old. How much grain should they get a day and how often? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Hello :) I'm new to the site. My Nubian herd have been with me 12 years. Grain can cause problems to my herd. I feed alfalfa pellets three times a day enough for all to eat about 5 or 10 minutes. I sprinkle the pellets with loose Goat minerals. I feed about half a scoop of whole oats on the milking stand. My does also have hay and pastures to forage on. Hope that helps!

#4 ·
I grain my goats twice a day. ones we are milking get as much grain as they want in the time it takes to milk, as for the rest, they would still get fed twice a day but I still dont have an actual measurement, try giving them what you think would be a good amount (making sure they also have fresh hay always available) if they seam to eat their grain real fast and want more maybe give them some more, but if they walk away from the food with some still left you are overfeeding (which you dont want as you may know it can cause bloat)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.