How do I melt it down?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Beverrlly, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

OK, I tried a batch of oatmeal honey soap and it looks beautiful but it doesn't smell like honey like I was hoping it would. Can I melt this down to add more honey?? If so, how? :help

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Shred your soap and melt it in a crock pot. Honey isn't going to give your soap much if any scent. You are going to need to add fragrance oil to achieve the results you are looking for. So, add a bit of water to your soap shreds, melt throughly, add your OMH fragrance oil, pour (glop!) into molds.

Sara

3. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

Ahh...now I get it. Thanks!

4. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I sell my OMH unscented and it is one of my best sellers. It's my only unscented bar...

Bethany

5. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I do unscented OMH also and have no problem selling it. It kind of smells like bit o honey candy.

6. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

See, now that's what I was going for but I don't think I used enough honey. I used 3oz honey for 4lbs oils/fats because that was all the honey I had in the house and I didn't want to go out :blush2

7. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

1 oz per pound is an ok rate, so you are just a little under. If you go much higher than that it gets nasty hot! I've used 1 TB ppo, but that's as high as I've gone - that's actually maybe 3/4 oz ppo.

Bethany

8. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

I've seen this before and wondered...what's ppo??

9. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

ppo stands for per pound of oils