Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you get these swirls?? this is just beautiful

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Oh yes....that is gorgeous! Was this done in a slab mold? I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get really good swirls. I've gotten a few to look nice on the top of my logs but it doesn't go through. :/

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not Sara :) but I have gotten some gorgeous swirls in an MM mold. you have to the soap just right, thin enough to swirl but thick enough to support the swirl, pour in a thin stream from varying heights then swirl till you get the desired effect. I think my Black Raspberry Vanilla bars on my website are some of my prettiest swirls.
Becky

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Yep it's why I only want slab molds! Vicki

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh but I want to know how she got the different colors and a FOR DUMMY's how to answer

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am betting micas...isn't Sara the mica queen?

G

·
Thanks for the nice compliment Sondra. :D

The swirls were created using micas in a MM. Becky explained the technique very well. Thank goodness the FO I used was really easy to work with or I wouldn't have had time to do two different swirl colors. I can't take all the credit though... I learned from the best... Vicki :lol

I purchased the micas from Alternasense Skin Design Products at: http://www.alternasense.com/

They have really good prices and are great to do business with. I have soaped several of their micas and all have stayed true (no morphing) in GM soap.

Sara

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UM so do you put mica's in to soap and then pour and swirl?? I have never used them so don't have a clue

G

·
I use a ladle and scoop out some of the raw soap before scenting and put it into a measuring cup. I only use a small amount of mica (1/2 teaspoon) and mix well. This is your swirl material. If you know how your FO behaves you can easily create beautiful swirls.

If you have other questions ask away!

Sara

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd be interested in a mica co-op.
I get frrom mystifyyoursenses which has good prices and quality but just a couple colors.
Becky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts