How did you do this Blissberry??

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sondra, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

How did you get these swirls?? this is just beautiful

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Oh yes....that is gorgeous! Was this done in a slab mold? I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get really good swirls. I've gotten a few to look nice on the top of my logs but it doesn't go through. :/

3. Not Sara :) but I have gotten some gorgeous swirls in an MM mold. you have to the soap just right, thin enough to swirl but thick enough to support the swirl, pour in a thin stream from varying heights then swirl till you get the desired effect. I think my Black Raspberry Vanilla bars on my website are some of my prettiest swirls.
    Becky

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep it's why I only want slab molds! Vicki

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yeh but I want to know how she got the different colors and a FOR DUMMY's how to answer

6. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati Active Member

I am betting micas...isn't Sara the mica queen?

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Thanks for the nice compliment Sondra. :D

The swirls were created using micas in a MM. Becky explained the technique very well. Thank goodness the FO I used was really easy to work with or I wouldn't have had time to do two different swirl colors. I can't take all the credit though... I learned from the best... Vicki :lol

I purchased the micas from Alternasense Skin Design Products at: http://www.alternasense.com/

They have really good prices and are great to do business with. I have soaped several of their micas and all have stayed true (no morphing) in GM soap.

Sara

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

UM so do you put mica's in to soap and then pour and swirl?? I have never used them so don't have a clue

9. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I use a ladle and scoop out some of the raw soap before scenting and put it into a measuring cup. I only use a small amount of mica (1/2 teaspoon) and mix well. This is your swirl material. If you know how your FO behaves you can easily create beautiful swirls.

If you have other questions ask away!

Sara

10. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

11. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Wow! What a selection!

12. I'd be interested in a mica co-op.
    I get frrom mystifyyoursenses which has good prices and quality but just a couple colors.
    Becky