How big a soap sample???

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Heavenly Angels, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hello, How big should a soap sample be? And what do yall use to put your lotion samples in? I tend to give too much. Thanks!

Mary Lou

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have used those heat seal foil pouches for lotion samples. A real pain but they worked and were cheaper than small bottles.

Soap samples, I just cut up odd bars (too light, misshapen, etc.). A quarter ounce is probably my smallest size on up to an ounce 'cause sometimes I want to give a nice sized one.

3. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

I do samples in a mini muffin pan. The sample is a .4 oz ---maybe!

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Make sure it looks like a sample, perhaps in the tiny ziplocks. Some folks full size bars are so small, 2 ounces etc...your samples can be mistaken for the actual bar of soap! I actually got a store this way, my husband was in buying this god awful cow skin made into a rug, and noted the soap for sale....asked if he could see the full sized bars, when the owner told him they were the full sized bars he laughed and called them horderves:) I sent him my full sized bars and brochure and he ordered from me from then on. So make sure it is clear that these are indeed samples. Vicki

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have a small card that goes in each bag with mine and it does state that it's a sample size. I leave a large enough area open so I can write the scent in if I want to but I don't always do that. Then it has my contact info.