hoof trimming

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jean, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Jean

Jean Guest

I hope I posted this in the correct place.
    Is there anyone around the Splendora Texas area that will come out to trim the goat's feet? If so do you have a contact number?
    Thanks
    Jean

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes you can use my gal Kenny. Kenny is now back into Nubians but she raised LaMancha's back in the 90's and was my running to show buddy. She comes and trims feet (does my buck feet every month) shaves for shows and when I get into a bind disbuds for my customers. she also tattos and castrates, vaccinates etc...

She is down 105 almost to Conroe, so you shouldn't pay too much in gas. 936-232-8327 It's $5 for most things, $10 for shaving. Vicki

3. Jean

Jean Guest

Vicki
    Thank you so much.
    Jean

4. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Do you think she would come West of Tomball (almost to Waller) I think with regular trims on "fixed" feet I could do ok, but I am not sure how to get Lily's hooves back to how they are supposed to look...
    I also wouldn't mind having someone who has done it do some shaving so I can observe and maybe learn how to do it myself!

Sarah

5. NubianSoaps.com

Just call her, of course you will have to pay for gas. She likely can get her feet back into shape, or tell you what you are doing wrong. It's so much easier to simply trim after he has done it, then call her again if you run into problems. Vicki

6. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I figured easier and safer on poor Lily to get someone that knows what they are doing to correct her little feet and then I could take it from there!
    Does she have an email address or just phone number? I am so terrible at calling people....much easier to type out an email, than get my phone to work right. (Everyone tells me it sounds like there is a large angry bee in my phone)

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

It would be best to call her and get it all set up one on one.

8. NubianSoaps.com

She isn't an internet gal or she would be on here :) She just has her cell phone, leave a message. And she is super nice, much nicer than me :) vicki