Honest opinion please!

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Caprine Beings, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I am working on a How it all got started piece for my sale event this Saturday. I like most of it but feel its missing something or could be worded differently. Thanks for your help Tammy

A Little About Caprine Beings Goat Milk Soap:

Caprine Beings Goat Milk Soap came about just like many other small businesses that are farm related. My daughter, Lindsey got into 4-H with dairy Goats and we had so much milk we didn’t know what to do with. She soon had a herd name “Caprine Beings Dairy Goats” a small herd that will produce a nice quantity of glorious white gold. A very dear friend was at the time learning how to make goat milk soap and asked to get some milk. After a couple of times of her wanting the milk it peaked my curiosity. I had tried her soap on Lindsey who has very sensitive skin and could not use soap without it causing hives or blisters. I was absolutely sold when Lindsey’s skin did not break out but instead had a beautiful quality about it: very soft and very clean.
    Since then I have taken to making the soap myself. It was only natural to take up the herd name for the soap. I personally take an interest in each kind that I make. I have had people tell me I am obsessed with making soap. Well, I have to agree with them. I take pleasure in the scientific process of each batch. I always ask myself “How can I make it better?”. Sometimes it turns out and others well…lets just say the results are not on the table!
    Some of proceeds from sales will of course go back into making soap, but there is another purpose for it. Most of the proceeds goes into this beautiful dairy goat herd to ensure there is quality milk to put into soap. I aim to please the general public with the various fragrances, herbs, spices and essential oils. I have come to the conclusion that there should be a bar for everyone. Hopefully I have done that with the 20 available scents from Caprine Beings Goat Milk Soap. If there are special requests I will take them up for consideration.

It looks alot different on word, but reads the same. :D

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Remember Milk Bathes were used back in the day of Cleopatra so why not incorporate the richness it imparts to our skin via soap

3. Caprine Beings

Facts are gonna go on the other side of the poster, such as the butter fat difference between the breeds, milkbaths, cold compresses, better digestion, cheeses, excetra. So there is alot of thought going into this poster so it can be used for any show. :biggrin

4. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

A Little about why handmade soaps are better for your skin vs commercial soaps will help.. chemicals vs handmade goodness.. Why commerical soaps dry out your skin etc
    Barbara

5. Caprine Beings

OOOOh thanks Barbara, I'd almost forgotten about that...still working on the facts page.
    I am going to start a thoughts on butterfat thread, from looking at the ADGA 2007 DHIR results I have a few questions and need all the info I can for these posters. Thanks Tammy