Holiday Chevre Pics

Discussion in 'Cheese & Dairy' started by cmharris6002, Dec 20, 2008.

1. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Here is some Chevre I made for the Holidays. I love Chevre, it is so versatile and people love gifts from the farm.

[​IMG]

Herbs De Provence,

[​IMG]

Cracked Pepper and Horseraddish,

[​IMG]

Breakfast Cheese,

[​IMG]

2. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Christy, what great gifts!

Do you season the log as well as crusting the outside?

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Beautiful Christy!! what did you roll them in?

4. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

The first one is plain chevre rolled in Herbs de Provence. The second one is seasoned chevre rolled in black pepper. The last is chevre mixed with chopped dried fruit rolled in nuts.

I dry up in December so I froze back milk for making these. I get 4 8oz logs from each gallon of milk.

I posted about giving chevre as Christmas gifts last year too :)

Christy

5. Leo

Leo New Member

Those look great! Very pretty and delicious!
    Megan

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH my gosh they sound wonderful!! I had milk frozen but quit milking early and everything is gone now. Boy do I hate that.

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Beautiful Christy!

I know first hand how wonderful Christy's cheese is. Yummy! :)

Sara

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Just beautiful! The crazy part is that I was just telling folks how I freeze all my milk and make cheese this time of year, what followed was how you can't make cheese out of frozen milk :) You should post your beautiful frozen milk cheese over on HT in the dairy section :)

I love the herbs de provence that we got in the coop it is soo lovely. I hope we can do the coop again before spring. Vicki

9. shawhee

shawhee Member

Those look wonderful - makes me hungry!

10. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

Christy,
    How do you keep your Chevre logs from falling apart? Or is that their nature? I have done tons of them, and they all seem to not stick together very well. I'm sure it's a moisture issue. I've taken bunches and bunches to work. Get lots of looks like ewww gross, you're eating goat cheese? Probably because I just stick it in a plastic container and spread it on whole grain bread. A log like you make would be so pretty!
    I'm only milking one doe right now. If I would quit feeding the milk to the puppy, I'd have plenty left over to make more cheese. Don't have a big freezer though. That's on my list for early buying this year..
    Lovely cheese.
    Anita

11. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Anita,

If your cheese is too dry it could be too much rennet, hanging too long or a combination of these. How do you make your Chevre?

Christy

12. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Anita,

I am going to start a new Chevre thread to help you and anyone else who might have questions :)

Christy