High Rear Udders

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tim Pruitt, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

I measured one of our first freshening doe's rear udder height. From the top of her udder to her vulva is 1 inch. This is not a guestamation but an actual measurement. She is Top of TNT's Rising Star who is sired by Lakeshore First Class Service and whose dam is Pruittville's Blackberry. She has a nice globular mammary with perfect teat size and placement. Her foreudder is smooth with nice extension and no shelving or pocket. She is milking just over 8 pounds a day.

The owner of Lakeshore's First Class Service reported that he was killed last year by a neighbor boy who trespassed his property and was hunting with a bow and arrow. The kid "mistook" this buck for a deer.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WOW she sounds wonderful gosh what a terrible thing to happen to the buck.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I have two of his daughters freshening in April, one will be on the hit list for sale as a FF :) Shameless plug :)

Tim how is her width up at the rear attachment? Vicki

4. Truly

Truly New Member

Ok, newbie question. How do you determine where the top fo the udder is? Is it a difference in hair? Is it something you feel or see?

Please answer like you're talking to a small child. :blush2

5. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

Make that TWO small children :biggrin

6. coso

coso Guest

How bout a picture Tim? :D

7. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Yes Vicki,
    Lots of attachment to this mammary. It is not only high but wide.

Pictures... Hmmm.... I will see if I can get someone to hold her. Vicki says udder pictures on the milk stand are horrible.

BTW do you mean you have 2 does sired by her full brother??? Top Of TNT's New Horizon??? The ADGA site shows 3 offspring from Lakeshore First Class Service.
    They are:
    Top Of TNT's New Horizon
    Top Of TNT's Rising Star
    and
    Saada Cat Fish

Top Of TNT's New Horizon and Top Of TNT's Rising Star were born on my place. New Horizon was leased to Phil and then sold to someone in Texas. Their dam, Pruittville's Blackberry was a beautiful doe, one that never should have left my place. She had a lovely mammary too but I can say, the udder on Rising Star is an improvement over her dam.

I traded for semen and have 10 straws of Lakeshore First Class Service.

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Vicki says udder pictures on the milk stand are horrible. :)

Like you listen to me :) Vicki

9. coso

coso Guest

You can see the delineation pretty well. Although I was at a show one time and whoever had clipped the goat had udder clipped way up above the line. I don't know if they were trying to fool the judges into thinking the udder was higher up or what but it looked goofy.

10. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Kinda like when women put lipstick above their lip haha

I too was wondering about where you start the rear udder. Is it just where the hair changes?

11. goatkid

goatkid New Member