HELP! Due Date?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Shykid Acres, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I did not even know my doe was preg. I have NO idea when she is due. I figured in May. But someone said that if I can feel the kids moving then she is definitely due a lot sooner than that. I can feel it/them moving. They were quite active this morning. I felt them in front of her udder a little to the right. If I can feel them in THAT area, does it mean that she has dropped and they could be due in the next couple of days?????
    :help​

You can see her picture on the "DOES" page on the following site: www.freewebs.com/shykidalpines
    She's 10 months old. The pic was taken Feb 13.

-Kimberly

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Re: Due Date?

when do you think she may have been exposed to a buck? and are you sure its not rumen rumblings you're feeling. Goat tummies rumble and roll, as the old furnace churns away at their hay.

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

also what s her udder development look like? rear photo please if possible.

4. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Too much hair still to see anything. It is only soft and partially down like a small pouch. (That's probably a bad way of putting it but couldn't think of another way.) I also "bounced" her (carefully) and felt something small but hard bounce against the bottom of her tummy in that area as well.
    As far as when...I put the so-called "sterile" dwarf in with the girl for the winter in December until the new barn is built this spring. He had been tied out. I did not like that. I figured he was safe. That would make her due in May. HOWEVER.... he did get loose from his chain and I found him by their hot-wire fence earlier than that but can't for the life of me remember when. I figures since it was hot-wire and he was not INSIDE with them at the time AND that is was "sterile". (I was only assuming this.) That no one could possibly have been impregnated at the time so did not make note of it. It is possible that she could be due soon or end of March. I really don't know.
    The tickling that I felt was more than tickling. It was definite movement right in front of where her foreudder would be and a little on the righthand side. Isn't this the proper area???
    I'm just starting out so do not have the experience.

My avatar is her picture. Taken Feb. 13, 2008.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well I have had goats for 10 years now and still can't feel babies kick so I am no help there. If you get a picture of her vulva area I can pretty much tell you if she is pg but how far along is antibody's guess. Now when you see udder development it is a clue to getting closer. Shave those udders so you can see when they get nice and shinny birth is eminent. Yep those supposedly sterile bucks have a way of impregnating young does, just ask me how I know.

6. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Her vulva has been a very pink and soft looking lately. In fact even before I knew she was preg. I figured she must be in a silent heat, because of it but did not see any mucus so to speak. Of course I did not look THAT closely. No tail-wagging or talking at all. :? I can also practically squeeze my fingers together under her tail-head. :???