My favorite doe, who I am very attached to is ill. I am hoping someone will tell me that it isn't what I am pretty sure it is. This girl is almost 7 years old, and is CAE positive. She was wormed last 6 weeks ago. She had her Bose shot recently. She is on pasture, gets alfalfa and grass hay twice daily, and gets grain twice daily. She has minerals available. She has acted very old for the last several months, just very slow and not a lot of pep, but she has looked well and healthy. She kidded the first week of April, and I was not planning to breed her again. We practice prevention, and I got a doeling from her. I am trying to have a CAE free herd, and this is the second to the last of my CAE positive before I will have a negative herd. (I know some will frown on me for admitting this, but I believe honesty is the best policy. We are very careful, and practice strict prevention) Yesterday AM she gave little milk. Last night she couldn't get on the stand and had little milk, but ate fine. She acted tender, and every joint clicked with each step. This morning there was absolutely no milk what so ever, and she is acting confused and weak. She is having a hard time getting up to a standing position. Her tongue is hanging out. she acts unsteady and kind of stumbles to the side. Her back end seemed to freeze up at one point. My husband says that she looks like she is drunk. Her stool is normal, hard pellets. She is still eating. Could this be listerosis or something else instead of CAE? This girl is very important to me. She is very much a pet, and I have a deep love for her. I know that putting her down is the only option if it is CAE, but I want to cover my basis. My vet is closed and I am waiting for a call back, but who knows when that will be. My thermometer was not working this morning, and then I gave a shot of Banamine, so I don't have an accurate temp. I know, not helpful.