Help at Nationals

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by paulaswrld, May 31, 2008.

1. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I have been told that there are many young adults at National and even adults that don't mind earning a little cash by helping others with things like grooming, mucking, etc...as I ruptured two discs in my back last year I am always concerned with how my back will be holding up....those of you with a bad back feel me on this...somedays are great, some just okay and others..well, I can barely move. So, to avoid the barely move stage, I think looking for help is the answer.

I am really looking for someone who feels that they have the ins and outs of hoof trimming for showing...I took a class at convention that showed the HUGE change in stance and gait with various hoof changes and would love to find someone that would be interested in helping me with that.

Thanks,

Paula

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

When you are at Nationals you will notice that people (mostly young people) will put up signs advertising services - pen cleaning, clipping, washing, etc.

I pay the same kids every year to clean my pens out during the week. It isn't cheap, but cleaning pens at Nationals is not something I do. :)

Sara

3. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

That is exactly what I am talking about!! Anybody know anyone pls send them my way!! Thanks Sara.

Paula

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Paula do you know who the top showmanship winners in your area are? Do you know any of the kids who win at showmanship at nationals? I pay for classes even locally and then incentive pay if you show them so well they get pulled for GCH or RCH. Of course it would be best if they already weren't showing your breed. Vicki

5. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Great idea!!! Now I feel bad...I had the daughter of a friend who does great in showmanship, show a doe for me at just about every show last season...and I never paid her for the winnings...yikes....oh well, she just graduated from HS last week and I will see her at our milk test next weekend...I guess some good money in a card is in order!!

Thanks as always,

Paula