Hello from Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Niblitsmom, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Niblitsmom

Niblitsmom Guest

Hi everyone!

I'm new and wanted to introduce myself. I have a small homestead in rural Oklahoma and am now the proud mama to three nubians (two grown does and one three-month old buck) and two nigerian dwarf does, three months old.

I'm new at all this, so I'm looking forward to reading posts and learning from all you wise folks!

Blessings,
    Sue

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Welcome Sue! :hi

Sara

3. coso

coso Guest

Come on in and set a spell. :hi Lot of nice folks and you will learn a lot. Or at least I have.

4. Dawn

Dawn Guest

Welcome! I'm in Oklahoma too!! You will learn a lot form this forum!!!

Emily

5. pokyone42

pokyone42 New Member

6. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

Welcome! :D

Vicki in NC

7. CarlinsDarlin

CarlinsDarlin Guest

Welcome Sue!
    I'm pretty new here myself, and I learn something new every day. You'll enjoy your time here!
    Kathy in Arkansas

8. Truly

Truly New Member

:hello :welcome

9. Niblitsmom

Niblitsmom Guest

Thanks everyone, for your kind welcome! :lol

One of my does is pregnant and is supposed to give birth in about three weeks. My question is, how will I know when she's in labor? Do you guys stay up with your does when they are about to give birth?

I've never even given birth myself, so this is all new to me. Thanks!

A little overwhelmed in Arcadia...
    Sue

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi Sue Welcome
    yep we stay around especially when we have a due date. otherwise we just keep looking for signs. Like long strings of goo/ up and down up and down/ digging to China / loss of ligaments. Udder getting firm and shinny. shave up her udder /belly legs and butt area so there isn't hair to get all that goo in and also so you can see what is going on.

11. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Welcome Sue!!!

Uh, with the birthing question...do you have a due date? If so, YEAH!!! LOL....we just gave shykid a really hard time for about a month with her first kidding.
    Hope you have a sense of humor. :lol
    Kaye

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Welcome Sue. Search all of Shygals posts this last 6 weeks, she has been waiting for her doe to kid :) Vicki

13. Welcome to the forum!! You'll love it here. You'll learn alot! :)

14. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Yup. I'm the Shykid and I drove these people nuts. My doe did NOT have a due date. I'm proud to say that she FINALLY did give birth three days ago to a little buckling. My first goat birth ever attended. She was a FF too. I asked so many questions so many times I'm sure you'll learn something from them if not how utterly insane I was. (I still am. LOL) Nice to have you here on the forum. Welcome. :D I don't feel like the new kid on the block any more.

Before I found this forum I was so lost. I have learned a tremendous deal here. And I have had so much help from so many wonderful people. Thank you everyone for keeping me a little bit sane. :rofl

Again...welcome Sue. Glad to have you with us.

-Kim (Shykid)
    Upstate NY -The wilderness part.

15. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Hi Sue. Welcome to the fourm. Lots of great people here and advice that you won't find anywhere's else. Bet your really excited about your doe kidding. Yeah, like they said above, read the posts from Shykid, there're great. :laughcry

Wendy

16. LMonty

LMonty New Member

welcome, glad to have you!

17. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Hi and welcome. I have a friend, Peggy who moved to Oklahoma last fall. She had to give up her goats for the move, but still very much enjoys them. I'll see if I can get her to join the forum. If she lives anywhere near you, I'm sure she would help show you the ropes. She knows how to make soap, too. Good luck with your first babies. I just attended a kidding tonite. One of my yearlings had twin bucklings. Goats are lots of fun. Kathie

18. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

Welcome, Sue!

This is a great place to learn!

PJ

19. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:welcome and :hello
    Yeah! Another Okie! Glad to have ya! I haven't been at the goat thing long (3 and a half months), but I have already been through 3 births and expecting another anytime soon. I have learned alot and hope you do too. Relax, the doe will definitely let you know when she is in labor! You can tell the difference once she starts. So don't worry and have fun!
    And again welcome! :hi
    Andi