Hello From Georgia...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by outbackfarm, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

:yeahthat Our Nubians are very quiet too. People laugh at me about that but it is true, I don't hear a peep out of them most of the time. And if I do it is a quiet "Ma" to let me know they want something.

Autumn

2. shawhee

shawhee Member

I'm a little late.............But Welcome Kris! I too have LaMancha's and love them. You have found a great group of people here.

3. Belle

Belle New Member

I am just over 1.5 hours south of you in Dallas/Hiram.
    You are in a lovely part of Georgia, we haven't been up that way since earlier this year.

4. outbackfarm

outbackfarm Guest

I think the reason my friends Nubians were that way is because she has 6 children. They are always outside and near the goats and so they were used to all that attention. They were great goats.

I feel like I stepped on a few toes here. Sometimes I can talk too much for my own good. I do apologize. I do like Nubians. I really love mine, but she sure can be a mess at times if she doesn't get enough attention. I wouldn't take anything for her. And she sure has some pretty kids, too. She was bred to a Boer the first time and had the cutest twins. A buck and a doe. This last time was with a Lamancha and had the sweetest little dark red doe with elf ears.

I'd like to see some ND in person some day. I've only seen pictures.

Kris

5. Terry

Terry Member

Hello neighbor and Welcome to the forum. I too have Lamanchas and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Terry

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Oh no Kris, you didn't step on any toes, we just wanted to let you know that there are quiet Nubians if choose you would like to add more.

7. bonafide

bonafide Guest

Welcome! I love goats milk too - love it for making all sorts of stuff - and of course my pigs like it too! (so do the cats). I take goats milk and make dog treats - they love them and it's cheaper than buying cows milk LOL.

I've got a few Munchies and the token nubian too (well she's my sons) -

Glad to have you here! Hope to see more of you - and there's so much to learn here - tons of great people :). (Although I've been a bit of a lurker - reading more than posting....but still fun and informational for myself none-the-less).