Hello from arkansas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Michelle1457, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Michelle1457

Michelle1457 New Member

I have raised boer goats for the past five years. We decided to sell and are now raising dairy! We decided to start with a pregnant togg! So excited about the baby/babies

2. StrawHatGranny

StrawHatGranny Straw Hat Farm

Hi, Michelle 1457! We are neighbors! I am in northeastern Oklahoma :) We do raise Boers, and I do love them, but we got our first dairy goat last summer after an experience caring for a friends dairy goats and farm while they were away teaching a seminar. I now have a Saanen and an Oberhasli! Do you have any pictures? I love pictures :) Good to have you here!

3. cvalley

cvalley New Member

4. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Hello! I am in North Arkansas. I have a togg as well, but I raise nubians. Nice to meet you!

5. Mishaspenoel

Mishaspenoel New Member

Hello everybody.....I am new to DairyGoatInfo.com. I had mostly Alpines and a few Saanen when my children were growing up. My daughter Bethany, showed her Alpine, Lizbeth. She bought her with her own money. Did rather well with showing her. Now that my children have grown up and the same daughter that showed has 2 children of her own my husband and I are buying them 2 3 week old Alpine doelings. We are picking them up Sunday. I hate it for them, but they are being disbudded Saturday, but that is the only way to go. I don't know who is the most excited, me or my daughter. We haven't told the grand children yet. If we do it will be forever till Sunday for them. We live in Northeastern Oklahoma, about 30 miles N of Tulsa. Fortunately a neighbor and long time friend had 3 doelings she was going to sell. We are trying to find 2 possibly 3 unique names the children can say and remember. I can't stand the doelings being called something like, Goattie. My granddaughter is 6 years old and my grandson is only 2. Anyway, glad I found this forum.

6. goatgirl2

goatgirl2 New Member

Nice to have you!