head shaking info

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jo~*, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

My Nubian seems to be shaking her head kind of like a dog with something itching inside its ears, I can't see anything in the ear but it does feel kind of rough on the inside of her ears like tiny scabs maybe. Anyone know what this might be and how to treat it? Ear mites?

Thanks

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Sounds like ear mites to me and around here the weathers is rite for them too...

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep and I use either mineral oil but usually Vit E capsul squirted in each ear will smother the mites and help with infection

4. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try today. I don't think I have any vit E but I know I have some mineral oil and some stuff called sweet oil for ears but I'm thinking maybe that is to thin to smother the mites?

5. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats Active Member

Can you squirt the vit E oil in a LM's ear? Or just rub some on?

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

squirt in the ear Michell and then rub the ear at the base Think probably the sweet oil will work also also with the LaMancha I will put in hydrogen peroxide for bubbling out if infected and then squirt a Vit E capsul in . Use a que tip at the outside edges after the peroxide to wipe away gunk

7. shawhee

shawhee Member

So do you just pour some peroxide into the ear? approx how much Sondra? A capful or? I need to do this I think. A couple of my does have been rubbing ears and one has been shaking a little bit.

Shawna

8. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats Active Member

This is good info ,thanks! I was wondering about those LM ears.