Had a FF Mini get butted real hard yesterday

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Sondra, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

She wasn't due until Feb sometime tho pen bred so didnt know exact date. went into labor this am and delivered triplets fully developed but no hair yet. No udder but has some milk should I try milking her and if not when could she be rebred? Hate having a dry doe al year.

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

:sniffle about the babies...I know you were counting on them...

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Thanks Kathy
    am not too upset over these as they were bred for meat but tis a real bummer anyway.

4. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

5. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

That happened to my La Mancha doe, Pearl last year. I milked her & she got her AR, with 1880 pounds of milk in just 280 days. She was about 3 weeks early.

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I had a FF abort a few years ago and needed milk for babies so I milked her. It took a while, but her production picked up with twice a day milking.

7. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Sorry to hear about loosing them kids............I ain't be there and done it yet.....but I wouln't think that you would have anything else to loose by trying to milk her. If her milk don't drop, then it just don't drop......but if it does, at least you won't have lost everything with this pregnancy. let me guess....they were all gonna be doelings. :???

Whim

8. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Sorry that happened Sondra. I hope she'll come into milk for you.

Christ

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

well I forgot to check the first one I was shocked and upset. but the second two, there was a doe and a buck.

10. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:down :down :down.....maybe this will be the only bad thing that will happen at your place this year....keep the faith.

Whim

11. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Sorry to hear this Sondra.

Back to your question, yes milk her several times a day...as much as possible. Often time that is enough to bring them into milk. I've done this successfully but you must be persistant! Perhaps a little oxytocin just prior to milking her will help let her milk down.

Good luck!

Sara

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I was really questioning this Sara as she has like I said NO udder

13. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I had a doe freshen early last year - NO udder and maybe 2 squirts of milk out of each side. I milked her 4 times a day and more if I was able. I was about to give up when she came into more milk around her due date (and after I shaved her udder! :lol). She went on to make Top Ten in all 3 categories. :D

Set a time frame you would be willing to do this - I usually give them about a month.

Sara

14. Sondra

Sondra New Member

GEESE um well guess I will give it a try not sure I want to piddle squirt for a month. But she is 1st gen and her dam milks over a gallon a day so this would or should be a great little milker. I milked her twice yesterday.

15. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I know what you mean Sondra. At first I thought I was wasting my time. However, I don't give up easily. :lol

Good luck with her.

Sara

16. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I hate that :down , If the mean goat has horns... maby attitude adjustment by banding those horns .

I have 2 that have got really mean and wont let the others eat and knock everybody around , so this coming friday they are going to the sale barn . My LM does are big with kids and due Feb. and they refuse to even try eating with these bullies and I hope my unborn kids will be ok when born.

17. Sorry to hear about the babies Sondra. :down I hope you can get her to milk.

18. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well this was totally my fault as I put everyone out in the big pasture together so everyone wanted to posistion themselves as head honcho She milked abt 1/2 cup this afternoon so is increase some of course no udder as yet.

19. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

That just stinks, Sondra. Sorry to hear it. :(

20. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Sorry about your babies and doe, wishing you a better year.

:(