Guess I shouldn't have bragged!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by debrad636, Jan 17, 2009.

1. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

:sniffle I'm pulling my kid totals off this page. I think it is giving me bad luck!!
    I found a frozen doe kid from a ff, out in the pole barn, she wasn't suppose to be due till next month, my wonderfull Alpine doe just kidded tonight. I wasn't here for the first doeling, my husband was, she wasn't trying to breath, she came out backwards. (butt first). He helped her out, it was too late. Second doeling had her head bent down, I pushed her back in and got her nose pointed in the right direction, then the Doe pushed and she was too far out to try to get her front legs out, but she came out alive!!. The next doeling came out head first, no front feet, full of fluid. She didn't make it either.
    Soo sad, hoping the doe is fine. She is up eating, let me milk her in the stall, clean her up a little. She is alert. Hugh udder!

Good luck to all of you
    I think it is the year for doe's
    Deb

2. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

Oh that is very sad. But three doelings? Or was that four? I suppose that can be a silver lining. Sorry you had to deal with that straight away. Hang in there.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sorry you lost some but congrats on saving the one you did
    That was a rough start.

4. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I'm so sorry, how sad. I am sure things will get better.

Paula

5. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

I'm so sorry!! Thats a tough start. I hope the next ones will be easier!
    Congrats on the doeling!

Christina

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Sorry Deb, I hope you enjoy the doeling you do have, and good luck with the rest of your kiddings.
    Sherrie

7. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

Thanks for the support.

I'm just bummed. I just came back in from checking mom and doe. Both are fine. Doeling had some more colostrum. She has a great appetite. Her dam is doing good also.
    I guess I'll get my boots back on for the next one due on the 24th.

Deb

8. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Sorry for your loss. :sniffle Here's hoping the rest of the kidding season goes well for you.
    Theresa

9. Leo

Leo New Member

Awww. That's rough. :( At least your dam and the doeling are doing well. Hopefully, everyone else will bless you with easy kiddings and does a plenty.
    Megan

10. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Sorry you lost those three kids. It happen to all of us sometimes, especially if a doe kids before she's expected to. I'm glad you have one healthy doeling and on a positive note, sounds like you'll have extra colostrum to freeze and extra milk for you. Kathie

11. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

So sorry...that is very sad. Glad that the surviving baby is doing well, though.

12. cindy

cindy Member

Sorry for the rough start! Congrats on saving that one doe. Here's to a better kidding season for all!!