got him off his *%# to till garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by todog, May 5, 2013.

1. todog

todog New Member

yay! now i have a 8 x 17 foot space to plant tomatoes. will get 25 roma plants and 25 amish paste to fill that space. need more pepper plants for the end of the area. i can put 136 plants in that space. he also till my herb bed by the house. planted lavender and rosemary for now. i just kept comming in the house asking questions on how to start the tiller and where did the gas go in at and did it need oil. he finally got tired of it and came out and tilled. hahahahahaha:biggrin

2. swgoats

swgoats New Member

Lol, I should have sent my husband to you. He loves to till. He's constantly on the tractor tilling something when I want him fencing :D

3. todog

todog New Member

Lol ok Angie, that would work and I would send you the a old order German Baptist gentleman that did my fence. He traded for goats, all the babies I didn't want. My fence is horse high and bull strong. Infact I went down to the pasture and scared up a coon and when he hit the fence the fence went twang everytime it hit the fence.lol too funny!

4. jasonmtapia

jasonmtapia New Member

That's a common but seldom way to get us men to do something you want done. It works way better than nagging. But not quite as good as well as...well let's say to keep a G rating... A little flirting

5. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I just get the tiller out and do it. I even went and bought my own tiller as I was sick of using the one that broke down and it would take forever for him to fix it. Hubs is slower than a seven year itch when it comes to doing things and gardening is my thing. He gets pissed because I have advanced arthritis but my garden gets tilled the way I want it and when I want it. I have always been that way, its my project go the &%$? away!
    He has mowed over freshly planted herbs, tilled a freshly tilled area (that's why I till in the fall), ripped out my asparagus, thrashed many of my plants throughout the years. He can keep his carcass outta my plants. He came close to weed whacking my Wormwood this spring-until I glared and pointed. Lindsey got two lovely rose bushes this spring and told him if he even DARED ruin them she would eat him! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Funny thing is he knows exactly which plants my Mom planted and weeds around them very nicely :rolleyes: .

And that is why I made sure he was way preoccupied when building the chicken house and doing the fencing! :biggrin
    I do most of my own work mainly because he is slow and also because he does it as he sees fit. I no longer have neighbor dogs coming in my yard...not even the tiny ones, no ducks going out, the goat nursery gets moved around by me. I love my man but...

I am glad you will get some gardening in this year!
    Tam