Got 'em out!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by J-Basqo, May 20, 2008.

1. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

Well, First exciting kidding! The first um..6 hours were very boring!! The whole time I was waiting I kept thinking to myself that is the only time I lute since it doesnt get babies here any sooner (42 hours total before I decided to interupt)! So Dandy was contracting for 5 hours, laying down and getting right back up, arching her back, looking miserable, grinding teeth and curling her lip..but NOT pushing. Finally I decided something must be off because she should be pushing buy now. I was afraid of a mispresented kid not coming down and putting enough pressure on her cervix to cause her to push. So I went it to see how dilated she was, sure enough my hand went up to my wrist and there was a sack, so I burst it and found 3 feet (and a head and a mess of a body).. After some fighting I got it straitened out and pulled out a BIG spotted doeling (half expected her to be a buck!) then pulled out a cute little silver doeling. I am sure you are all thinking YAY doelings..but ya see, all you have to do is have a buyer waiting for a buck!! :) Anyways, that was a first. I have stuck fingers in and "helped" pull feet, but never been up past my elbow repositioning and digging for babies and doing all the work for her! I even had an audience while pulling the kids.
    They both ate and are doing great! Cute as can be :) I am a proud grandma!

2. Terry

Terry Member

3. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

Congrats on the birthing! Glad all is well.

Vicki in NC

4. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Congratulations! That is something I am yet to do - and not very anxious about either. Sounds like you did it perfectly! Pictures please :biggrin

~Anne

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

6. Belle

Belle New Member

Congratulations!

7. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

:handclap :woohoo :handclap

8. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

I tried to post photos but I cant put them in a post and I dont use photo bucket. I am putting photos on my website though!
    Here is the link www.geocities.com/j_basqonubians

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

So it would have been the normal 36 hour window had you interveened earlier :) Congrats on healthy kids! Vicki

10. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Maybe I am not looking in the right spot. I can not find the pics on your website, though I did find spotted older does. I simply love those colors.

Congrats! Wish you got your buckling. The kids sound just beautiful though.

11. mpete

mpete New Member