Goodbye surge pulsator!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Halo-M Nubians, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

I need some suggestions on the easiest way to change my milk and air lines for a new pulsator. I've been wanting to upgrade all year. My old surge was from my dad's cow machine and has been rebuilt numerous times and it is finally DONE! So I'm hand milking until I can get a new one ordered.
    I am using the Hamby set up for milking 2 goats..separate airline and milk line for each inflation..going to old surge lid on deLavel bucket.
    I was going to get the interpuls 4 port pulsator from part's department so that I could leave my airlines the same..BUT.. I have a nice new lexan lid that I'd like to start using but it only has 1 in/ 1 out ports. So that means some re-thinking on stuff. I assume I'd have to use "T"s or something for all the lines, but I"m having trouble finding the parts on the PD website. My milklines are the big silbrade stuff and I can't find any fittings for those, or I"m just to dumb. A picture of how all these hoses could be condensed would be nice..anybody? And should I just get the two port pulsator and slice n' dice the air hoses too? :help

2. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Mishael,
    Go to Hamby's and check out the Nu-Pulse claw. Works with the 1/1 lid. and is so simple. We have used it for two years and love it. If you talk to Paul, he will tell you that he has many goat people witching over to it.
    Tim

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Paul was soo patient with me and my visual only learning, send me photos back and forth :) He was great. I will go through partsdepart....now on some things because their price is better, but I always end up back with Paul with asking him this or that. Plus he always seems to have some scartch and dent thing sitting somewhere for me to buy! vicki

4. Halo-M Nubians

I looked at the nupulse. Can that run 2 sets of infaltions? the photos I've seen show it with only one. Where can I find more info. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much $.

5. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Nope, only runs one.
    Tim

6. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

with the milking machines, how do you weigh each does milk? also, how easy is it to clean them after each milking? I would love not having to worry about straining knats and moths out of my milk.

7. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

What you're looking for is called a "Milk Y" or "Vaccum Y" and they are listed in parts dept. Or get on the phone to Mike. Just love him...and he's always patient with me and makes me understand. Milk Y splits your milk hoses, vaccum Y splits your vaccum line.

On test day...I use two buckets and milk one goat at a time to the bucket. :blush Yeah, I'm lazy and DO NOT milk by hand unless it's a "have to" case. You can milk one goat by hand and one with the bucket. You'll have to empty the bucket between goats.
    Kaye

8. Halo-M Nubians

Thanks Kaye..thats what I needed to know!