Good grief I am stupid! when it comes to EO's

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sondra, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Weighed out all my EO's for the recipe, set them aside and weighed out all my oils so that tonight I can throw everything together and make my soap. WELL let me tell you I learned something new. EO's melt plastic cups and I have a counter full of blue plastic glob and eo. Kitchen smells good tho. :/ What a stupid waste.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Everyone does this once :) Vicki

3. lynpea

lynpea New Member

Need a smiley for sheepishly raising hand here......BTDT

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I figured this out when measuring into those white plastic dixie cups. Noticed when I stirred it up once there was white goo in the top of my spoon. Not just eo's but some fo's too. Now I use baby food jars. :)

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I bought shot glasses with measurements for this, but now my batches have more FO than a shot glass (they are still good for measuring for other things like lotions and bath bombs...Now I have stainless cups.

6. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I was so mad at myself the first time I did this, what a waste of expensive oils too.. Yep, I used one of those cheap plastic drinking cups, ate a hole in the bottom and all leaked out, warped the rest of the cup. Mess to clean up too.
    Barbara

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Tell me abt it. This is the first time I have ordered any fragrances and mostly EO's Was so tickled to get them and then wasted them. some I only bought 4 oz of and used 2oz ea all over the cabinet GRRRRRRRRRR

8. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Well, thanks for the warning. :D I am just about to order my first EOs I am glad that I read this!

9. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Vicki told me about this before I even started soaping. I've only ever used glass for measuring EO's and FO's.

Some of those EO's are strong! Hopefully you got your counter cleaned up. :D

Sara

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well no it isn't cleaned but luckily I have a huge cutting board type plastic thing over there and it went on that not the actural counter. However the whole counter is to be replaced soon anyway so am glad I learned this now and not later.

11. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Thanks for the warning Sondra. I didn't know that they would do that! Guess I won't use plastic anymore either!

12. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Dragon Blood melted our cups, DD1 grabbed towels, the towels and washer smelled like Dragon Blood for a long time. :rofl After a couple of weeks, the fragrance was just right, thats how we decided Dragons Blood made a good laundry detergent. :). Carolyn