goat registration question- AGS Nigerians

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by birdiegirl, Jan 17, 2008.

1. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

Back in August, I purchased several Nigerian Dwarf goats. The seller was moving, the sale was time-sensitive. At pickup, she gave me the registration papers for the goats. 4 of them are registered with AGS. At the time, I did not think to get a bill of sale. (Or a receipt- I know, not very smart).

Anyway, now I think I will have a problem getting them registered in my name. I do have several pre- and post- sale emails between the seller and myself that indicate that the sale went though, she acknowledges my receipt of the goats, etc. I have tried to call her, she is not returning my phone messages, or emails. She has since moved out of state.

I have called AGS, they basically said "send us the registrations and forward the emails to us, and we'll see......"

Do you think I am out of luck? Has anyone else had this experience? I wanted to use the buck with my LaMancha doelings to produce mini-manchas.

Donna

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I dont see why they wouldnt do it...I would definately make copies and send it registered mail to make sure they get the original paperwork. Thats what I do when I send in paperwork, I make copies and send it registered mail.

3. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

How long does the process usually take once I've mailed the paperwork?

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

shouldn't be very long and don't think you will have a problem.
    besides which you can still use the ND buck with his orginal ID and register any of your mini manchas

5. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

Ok great! That's good to know! Thank you!

6. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

The AGS office is fast! I normally have my papers back within a week of sending them.

7. Odeon

Odeon New Member

So she didn't sign a transfer slip?

8. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Amy at AGS has been most helpful to me. My papers usually take about 2 to 3 weeks to get back under normal conditions. So far everything has been sent back to me correct, so no troubles at all.

But now, you have a totally different type situation with no bill of sales and stuff........I'll be most curious to see how much trouble that you're gonna have, if any.

9. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

Well, I got an email today from Amy at AGS. She asked me to send her the contact info I have for the previous owner, and they would try to contact her to get verbal confirmation. Well, I hope that works- I have called and emailed to no avail......

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Here's hoping.

11. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres New Member

AGS is wonderful. Everyone I've talked to there is great and if they have a question they call you to ask, don't just send it all back with a note like ADGA does. Fast too. I'm in WI and usually get it back w/in 2 weeks.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

don't just send it all back with a note like ADGA does.

Imgaine the shear number and volume of calls this would be if ADGA called. It would be a full time paid position. They used to back in the day :) They are a huge association compared to AGS. Vicki