Goat pics....guess breed of does.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by jaytori220, Oct 14, 2008.

1. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

can't tell with them laying down the pygmy would give a shorter squattier barrel looking goat the black one is not PB ND either as legs are way to long so is a mix of something but not pygmy

3. Could the black one in the middle be an alpine ND cross? Can't see the ones lying down well enough to tell anything.

4. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

The ones lying down are my ND kids I bought from a breeder.....The other 3 are what Im talking about. The tri colored females I think are a cross of some sort. ND and something....Pygmy? The black I agree hes a mix but you can definatly tell hes got ND in him. Hes alot larger then I would expect him to be being all ND. I got the 3 being all pygmies....But when I got there I knew better then that.

5. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

They look like Nigerian crosses. I can't really tell with them laying down though.

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK the first one looks like a ND #2 is a cross could be anything #3 appears to be an oversized ND and could be FB ND or a cross but don't any of them appear to be pygmy or a pygmy cross IMO

7. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

I agree with Sondra, #1 definatly a ND, #2 a cross and #3 looks full ND to me.........I don't see pygmy at all