goat pellets

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by mamatomany, Oct 1, 2008.

1. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

I brought one of my little ones up to milk with me tonite, he is 3, Isaac, and he sat up on the hill, looked down......geez these look good, pop, pop goes two goat pellets into HIS MOUTH :crazy he spit them out, rinsed his mouth out, prayed, but I am totally mortified....I would like to think he learned his lesson, but this little guy has down syndrome so I'm not quite sure it was gross enough for even Isaac :/ How bad is that? I'm a twinge worried that he is gonna get sick from it?

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Na, farm kids are the healthiest kids on the planet! Gross yes, but I am sure all the times I didn't quite sterilize Jace's pacifier as he ran around the milkroom in his walker, didn't hurt him any. I liked the praying part! He is supposed to pray before he eats though :) :) Vicki

3. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

My daughter is going on 16 and she still likes to taste different feeds :sigh I just tell her to read the label first at least she wont eat chicken feed anymore. As a kid I remember going out into the cow pasture and liking the mineral blocks and drinking out of the creek, I'm not talking clear clean water either. I think it built up my immunity :lol

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:lol Just be glad it was *dry* goat pellets instead of a cow *pie*. Won't hurt 'im one bit. I don't even want to think of all the *stuff* my kids put in their mouths. And now, every time I see one of those "Wash your hands" things at the exits of show barns...I just grin and think..."Maybe if these kids were exposed to a little dirt and grime they'd be a lot healthier" as I sit eating my lunch between classes. Scratching head and trying to remember if I washed my hands?? :sigh
    Kaye

5. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I remember the *first* time my son now 3 put goat poop in his mouth, it was a kid just a couple of days old, you know the yellow pasty stuff, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he was barking and hacking and slobbering well out came NASTY yellow pasty poo, I figure what don't kill him will heal him. Well like I said that was the first time, the next time it was *MMs* so thank god it was pellet poo this time. He hasn't had any poo in a long time now so I guess it healed him. Til this day he loves goat feed, milk straight from the goat, salt blocks, and so forth and so. So he should be alright in the end and he is one pretty healthy kid.

Autumn

6. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

I find it so interesting that most of the kids who are constantly sick, live in airtight houses and moms carry around Germ-X. Besides some ear problems, we are pretty healthy. Child ate/eats it all. She was just asking me the other day if she could try the knock off calf manna. Told her no, but she could have all the oats and BOSS she wanted. Ate a little and skipped off. Thank you Lord for the farm that brings all around health.

Wendy

7. coso

coso Guest

I remember as a kid knocking of little chunks of those sulfur salt blocks and sucking on them, eating sweet feed and pretending like it was tobacco, drinking out of mud holes while I was turkey hunting and dying of thirst. Heck I remember when I was a kid walking around the sale barn picking up chews of Red Man and Levi Garrett off the ground and saving them to chew later. I'm still alive, but maybe that's why I have so many stomach problems. :shrug2 :rofl :rofl

8. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

Isn't it terrible that I can handle the thought of daughter eating goat poop but that chew thing makes my stomach turn. I think we'll stick to goat food!

Wendy

9. coso

coso Guest

Makes my stomach turn now too :ick !! Especially after knowing some of those old men that those chews mouths came out of !! I was probably 7-8 years old and didn't know any better. Dad would have killed me if he knew I had it.

10. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl I can remember going through the horse feed looking for that *chunk* of molasses that is still to this day in feeds with liquid molasses. GAG, now at what was probably stuck in the middle of that chunk! :yuck

Yep, parents would have probably *lit me up* if they knew all the stuff we ate!
    My grandfather would get barrels of cookies from a plant to feed his hogs...LOVED those waffer cookies. Brush off the flies and chow down! :rofl
    Kaye

11. goatkid

goatkid New Member

We didn't grow up on a farm, but I had to try cat food when I was a kid. We were old enough when we got our first cats that neither me or my sister sampled anything form the cat box. I did get my little sister to eat a worm one time. I have heard it's the folks who oversanitize everything that get sick the easiest because they never build up immunity. Kathie

12. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

Oh my goodness, these posts have got me rolling on the floor laughing...how fun....I'm not one bit worried now, thanks girls :)

13. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

Then there was the time dd Sara (now a tall leggy 15 yr old blond) chugged down her great grandpa's can of spit from his chewing tobacco...I nearly DIED...

14. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Okay guys, now this is getting gross. :ick

The OP got an answer to her question. No more nasty stories please!

Sara

15. Sondra

Sondra New Member

And guys you are getting a bit too gross with the drinking of spit etc. not something I want to read over morning black coffee. :biggrin

The title of this thread tho is very misleading thought she was talking about grain :rofl could figure out why she was so upset.

16. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I thought the same thing Sondra... until I read the post! :nooo

Sara

17. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

I'm sorry, I thought that goat pellets were the "proper" name for poop.

18. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:rofl umm it is berries

19. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

I just figured out you meant poop. I thought you meant goat feed. I was more worried about if the feed was medicated than I would be about the poop.

Wendy

20. cindy

cindy Member

Oh my gosh...This is just too funny!! I remember being a kid, a "city" kid, and going around my uncle's farm with my cousin. She tasted everything, squished things between her toes and just totally grossed me out...

Way to build immunity! Thanks for the chuckles. :rofl
    Cindy