Goat Mineral Question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Faithful Crown Nubians, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Which one is better?

Manna Pro Goat Mineral

Fortified with vitamins and minerals for sound growth.
    Fosters optimal conditions for reproduction and enhances show appearance.
    Chelated minerals for improved absorption and utilization.
    Contains ammonium chloride.
    Exclusive microbial blend promotes proper digestive function.
    Loose mineral form can be fed free choice.

Crude Protein
    Min
    4.00%

(This includes not more than 4.0% equivalent crude protein from non-protein nitrogen)

Calcium
    Min
    16.00%

Calcium
    Max
    19.20%

Phosphorus
    Min
    8.00%

Salt
    Min
    12.00%

Salt
    Max
    14.40%

Potassium
    Min
    1.50%

Magnesium
    Min
    1.50%

Copper
    Min
    1350 PPM

Manganese
    Min
    2750 PPM

Zinc
    Min
    5500 PPM

Selenium
    Min
    12 PPM

Vitamin A
    Min
    300,000 IU/LB

Vitamin D3
    Min
    30,000 IU/LB

Vitamin E
    Min
    400 IU/LB

MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SALT, DISTILLERS DRIED GRAINS WITH SOLUBLES, CANE MOLASSES, VEGETABLE OIL, YEAST CULTURE, AMMONIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM SULFATE, POTASSIUM AMINO ACID COMPLEX, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, MAGNESIUM AMINO ACID CHELATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, FERROUS SULFATE, FERROUS CARBONATE, COPPER SULFATE, COPPER AMINO ACID CHELATE, MANGANOUS OXIDE, MANGANESE SULFATE, MANGANESE AMINO ACID CHELATE, ZINC OXIDE, ZINC SULFATE, ZINC AMINO ACID CHELATE, COBALT CARBONATE, CALCIUM IODATE, SODIUM SELENITE, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIA, DRIED ENTEROCOCCUS FAECIUM FERMENTATION PRODUCT, DRIED LACTOBACILLIUS CASEI, DRIED LACTOBACILLIUS ACIDOPHILLUS FERMENTATION PRODUCT, DRIED LACTOBACILLUS PLANTARUM FERMENTATION PRODUCT, DRIED BACILLUS SUBTILLUS FERMENTATION PRODUCT, DRIED ASPERGILLUS ORYZAE FERMENTATION EXTRACT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.

Rural King Goat Mineral

[​IMG]

Second question, is Ammonium Chloride ok for lactating goats?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

If that is the only choice I had I would go with the top one because of the different type of copper in it also the 2nd one had red iron oxide and carmel flavoring which I don't care for.
    Tho the 2nd one has higher amounts of both copper and selenium.
    The amount of ammonium chloride in minerals is not enough to hurt or help much. IMO

take the time to compare any mineral with the contents of the Bluebonnet mineral list in 101.

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

the second one is the only Goat mineral I have available to me, the cow minerals generally don't have the correct phos to calcium ratio around here.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

If you are feeding alfalfa in any form don't not use a better mineral because of that dang 2 to 1 ration some fool made up :) I know when talking to the nutritonist at the coop in Bryan my ca/ph was 5 to 1...I didn't go home and change anything. Vicki

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

well I don't think there are any good minerals available around here. and that one if it's not good is $12. for a tiny pail! everything else is goat and sheep, or cattle with fly poisen. I HATE looking at min labels trying to find a good one. It's like taking first place in a goat show with all crppy sale barn goats! wo hoo the best of the crppy!

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Hey!! I found the Manna Mineral and bought a bag of it. It's Not red looks like kitty litter! ewwww. they love it.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

It is a little werid after years of red minerals to open up and feed cement colored minerals to your girls! Vicki

8. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Check feed mills that do there own mixes. they have baged mineral available . Lots of cow ones have no iron you can get 2 to 1 or 1 to 1

Patty