Goat Keeping 101

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by MF-Alpines, Aug 27, 2013.

1. EmyAcres

EmyAcres New Member

I agree I can't find ANYTHING anymore!!! Very frustrating!!

2. Greylady

Greylady New Member

It is getting to where I am looking for answers on google just about all the time now. It is very frustrating to say the least. I can't refer people here anymore as I can't find what I need to look up.

3. swgoats

swgoats New Member

I believe that is unfortunately due to our loss of Vicki being heavily involved in answering goat rearing questions. When the "cat's away, the mice will play". I try to point out things that go against what so many of us have proven to work, but often come away dissatisfied that an opposite viewpoint is standing as an equal option. I think we are holding our own ok though. We haven't totally degenerated to a Facebook forum. ;)

I've actually had good luck with the search feature in the new forum. I think that is an improvement. I put alot of my searches in " ".

4. Greylady

Greylady New Member

So to find something you put your search inquiry in quotes? Before we never had to do that.

5. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

It will help if you are trying to find a specific phrase. If you are looking for individual words, or several words that don't have to be in a particular order, it shouldn't matter if it's in quotes or not. I am currently wading through the entire "Health and Wellness" section trying to give a category to each post (and merging and deleting posts as necessary) and then if Austin will set that forum to sort alphabetically, it will make finding things MUCH easier.

6. DGI

DGI Administrator Staff Member

The mods and I can do that. We're discussing it in the mod forum.

If you would like to help please flag it and in the notes let us know the needed correction.

I cannot. Once it's done it can't be undone.

It was to get things ready for the mobile app interface, space had little to do with it.

I'm really sorry this change has been such a disruption guys! It was not my intention to upset you all.

7. MF-Alpines

MF-Alpines New Member

Well, Austin, maybe next time you should ask WHY something is the way it is BEFORE you decide to change it! :mad:

On a separate and more helpful note, how do I flag something?

8. Rose

Rose New Member

Are you going to correct the things that need to be addressed? I understand not reverting to exactly the way it was, but there is a profound lack of logical organization now. This was a reference site and place to go for help. Now, it's not.

1. Reestablish 911

2. Organize the reference stickies in one place (Perhaps under Health and Wellness, or under a page of their own)

9. DGI

DGI Administrator Staff Member

It's this icon.

[​IMG]

10. brendagoff

brendagoff New Member

So is Goatkeeping 101 gone or has it been classified a different way? I can't find it anywhere...

11. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Brenda, it's the Health and Wellness section now.

12. Duckling

Duckling New Member

I came here because various places on the Internet had references to Goatkeeping 101. So do I just scroll down "Health and Wellness"? I came here for cocci info. :p

Nvm, it's only 8 pages. :3 I've seen worse.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  13. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Yes, and it's sorted alphabetically, so it's not too hard to find, really.