Goat Herds in OK, KS, AR, MO area

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Grumpy Old Buck, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Grumpy Old Buck

Grumpy Old Buck New Member

As I travel to the Midwest from year to year I am always looking for goat friends (herds) to visit.

Where are you all located? Town/State.

Who knows, Vicki... I might even be swinging through some part of TX this year dance:

From the looks of your Mini LM does I'd probably enjoy seeing them in person.

B.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Welcome to the forum B! I no longer own the mini's but they are very happily living just down the road from me, so I can force you to come look at Nubians :) and then we can go see the mini's at Cedar Leaf. I am north of Houston smack dab between Interstate 45 and 59 so do stop by! Vicki

3. Goat Town

Goat Town Member

Come by and visit my nubians in Tahlequah, OK

4. Holly Govero

Holly Govero New Member

Come by and visit my nubians in Festus, MO ..

5. Grumpy Old Buck

Well Vicki,

I suppose you could twist my arm and **make** me look at some Nubians... if I have to LOL! I would love to see your long-ears!!!! Bill.

6. Grumpy Old Buck

Nicole - I am hoping we can stop at Tahlequah this year. So much I want to do--I'm just getting to where I love traveling (driving, NOT Flying) so figure goat herds and people are definitely on the menu. I'm looking forward to see the progress you are having with your herd. Always good to hear the updates you send me.

Bill.

7. Grumpy Old Buck

Hi Holly,

If we make it that far Northwest in MO I'll be sure to put you on my list. Bill.

8. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I am no where near where you are visiting but wanted to extend a warm Welcome to DGI! If you ever are in South Eastern Washington do be sure to look us up, always ready to talk goat!
    Tam

9. Bernice

Bernice New Member

Welcome to DGI and nice to meet you! "If you ever come to a blink and you miss it town" of Victoria Virginia you're welcome to visit. I'm in south central VA just over the NC border. Any particular breed you are looking to see or all? I am more familiar with Alpines in AR and MO.

In Kansas there is Tecoa Seibert's herd; "Cream of Kansas" She has all 5 dairy breeds and has a dairy. I used to have her contact info but misplaced it. Try googling her.

Here is Sheperds Gate: Kansas

GRRRRRRR....can't get the link code to work! Hyper link code doesn't work. *Sigh* what's wrong........DGI techies! I get repeats of my first paragraph?

10. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I'm in North Arkansas, depending on the timing, you'd be welcome to visit! I have nubians, a couple lamanchas and my togg doe :)

11. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Tahlequah! Why are my dogs in Tahlequah! (Sorry, but just love "Where the Red Fern Grows").

Anyway, welcome to the forum Grumpy! ;)

12. Goat Town

Goat Town Member

Yeppers Camille. Every year in Tahlequah they stage an event here based on that novel.

13. Grumpy Old Buck

Nicole - do you have a date for 2011 for this event?

14. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Welcome to DGI. I am between Houston and Austin, right outside of Giddings, Tx.

15. Goat Town

Goat Town Member

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Buck

Well if you get to Virgina you might as well come to NC as well. I have Nubians and Alpines. The Carl Sandburg home (great place to check out some Nubian history) is only 25 minutes up I-26 from me.

17. KozaGirl

KozaGirl New Member

We may not have a huge herd, but we have boers and nubians... we are in Urich, MO, just north of Clinton.