Goat ate my recipe

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by shawhee, Nov 17, 2008.

1. shawhee

shawhee Member

Ok not really, but what if I lost my recipe for lotion product. I do know the ingredients, what I don't know are the portions of each that I used. Is there a lab that I can send it to that would help tell me the breakdown?

Thanks,
    Shawna

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Barb , Sara , Christy can probably help you or compare it to Barb's recipe in the sticky send them ea a pm with what you have and bet they can figure it out for you.

3. shawhee

shawhee Member

Not really what I was after Sondra, but thank you for the suggestion. I have some of my product - I made big batches. But now that I am down to the last of it, I am in a pickle. It took me almost 2 years to perfect this product. I am trying to see if there is a lab that I can send it to to give me back my breakdown. I will do some more research.

Shawna

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH well Vicki listed some labs or up in the sticky's I think labrat had different labs listed.

5. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Shawna,
    I did that once, lost a very favorite recipe.. I now keep them all on disc... stored and a paper copy.. Peace of mind... especially if you worked on this recipe for two years..
    Barbara

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Vicki used a lab in Chicago I think

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

A lab isn't going to be able to tell you the various amounts of butters, oils, etc. in your recipe.

The lab Vicki refers to is for testing your lotion products for bacteria, yeasts and molds.

Surely you can remember parts of your prized recipe since you once made such large batches. As a seasoned lotion maker you should be able to play around just a little to come up with it or improve on your old recipe. Good luck!

Sara

8. shawhee

shawhee Member

Sara,

Yes for the most part I do. But I am remembering all the tweeking.... you know what I mean. Ugh. But I am going to work on this. I know I had it on disk, disk will not read in my upgraded computer. Paper copy is poof! Gone like black magic! and of course it is not in the new computer. But thank you for all the suggestions.... off to tweek like a geek :rofl

Shawna

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Shawna send me your disk if you want I have an old computer or take the disk to a computer guru and they can get it off for you and on CD.