Getting semen collected

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by blackthorn, Jan 16, 2009.

1. blackthorn

blackthorn New Member

Hi :D
    I'm wanting to get one of my better boys collected.........he's not cuddly and as a matter of fact I can't lay a finger on him, but I'd love some straws in case something happens to him :nooo I know normally they collect with a live girl and a AV but I doubt you could get close enough for that, so how does the other collection method work?? Anyone used it?
    Vanessa

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Superior Semen collects buck deer. And they are VERY dangerous, besides being very unfriendly! I think they use tranquilizers and electro-ejaculators. Do you have semen processors in AU? Regardless, you're going to have to get your hands on him one way or another. The semen has to be collected, and his sheath will have to be touched.
    Chute run him and find a good ole' country boy up for a challenge. :lol
    Kaye

3. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

Don't forget your video camera and put it on youtube for us!
    ;)

4. blackthorn

blackthorn New Member

I have a whole collection centre near here, all my other ones would serve an AV with no problems, I fell a bit bad for the poor fellow electro-ejaculators don't sound much fun!
    Vanessa

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

The bulls we used to do, for semen tests, weren't real fond of that method either. :blush Only time it didn't really bother me was a group of Corriente bulls. That was back when I COULD scale a HIGH fence in record time, given the right motivation. 1,000#'s of VERY angry little black bull, with homicide on his mind, was motivation enough. :rofl
    Kaye