Gestation calendar

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by 2Sticks, Dec 20, 2007.

1. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

I just got a call from the man where I took my 2 Boer/Kiko cross girls to be bred, letting me know that one had been bred. I need to know please if there is a gestation calendar somewhere that I can print off, or if someone can please give me a due date. She was bred on 12-13-07. The boer x does were a gift from my son , before I bought my Nubians. What a difference in personalities!

Tamera

2. Josie

Josie New Member

Looks like she will be due around 5/11/08. I think Sondra had a good spreadsheet thing for it. Also Fiasco farms has a calculator here: http://fiascofarm.com/goats/duedate.htm

Out of curiousity - how do the personalities compare? I've had Nubians but haven't done anything with the meat breeds.... yet.

3. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

Thank you Josie,
    As to personalities, my Nubians are very quiet, calm and loving. Actually very well mannered. The boer x girls are another story altogether! They are much pusher, louder and constantly into mischief. If they can climb on it or in it, you can believe they'e going to. Sometimes I wonder if they are playing Mt. Goat. They're always into something. The nubians are just more laid back.
    Tamera