Fragrances

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Carolyn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Of course the OMH, Cucumber Melon,Peppermint(EO), Simply Orange(EO), unscented,Raspberry Ripple, sold out, but also the Lilac and Vanilla Berry. The Vanilla Berry is kinda a musky vanilla with just a hint of berry--not pungent berry, but a very soft touch of sweetness. We make our laundry soap with the Dragons Blood and suggested that fragrance for clothes soap, it takes out lots of odors, so people tried it and came back for more--it didn't sell out, but we sold a lot of it. But the Sparkling Cranberry Soda from the GOat Soap did funny things, the soap turned kinda lime green when poured, it did fade, but I don't like the way it smells--it smelled soooo good out of the bottle--like you could drink it from the bottle, but in the soap--eewww. Maybe it needs to sit a while longer. We are definitly going to push the Vanilla Berry as a Christmas fragrance--I think that my friend sent me some Christmas liquid soap a couple of years ago and I think that it reminds me of that fragrance. Thought I would put in my 2 cents--Carolyn

2. Where did you find these FOs?

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I give up trying to get 'just the right' fragrances. Top sellers from last year didn't do so well this year. Scents that I was discontinuing 'cause they didn't sell well last year are now selling good. Shoot, it even changes from week to week. So I give up. :LOL I'm going to keep those that my nose can handle (why I make soaps when fragrances bother me I don't know) and those that work well in my recipe. Finicky scents are out the door after the first batch. I have too many scents anyway. LOL

4. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Everything except 3--(Sparkling Cranberry Soda is one of the 3) we get from Prairie Fragrances. Yes one could keep looking for jsut the right fragrances that sell, we found that everyone has their favorite, so have tried to keep quite a few of the good sellers on hand all the time and a few of the others on hand. We sell a lot of the 2 oz bars. Carolyn