Fragrance questions for Christmas soaps?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Amanda Lee, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Has anyone used Prairie Fragrance's Butterrum, Merry Berry and Pomegranate for Christmas soap sales ei. craftshows, farmer's market and flea market sales?

Do these scents smell like Christmas to you? I know each part of the country has their own Christmas smell... woodsmoke and cedar in the South and spruce and holly berries up North-- so forth and so on.
    I am in north Mississippi and only know of one other person who sales gm soap (in my part of the state) and she is in the extreme north east side of the state.

2. I've ordered all 3.

I did not like Butterrum and resold it. You might though....

I soap Pomegranate year round. It does not smell Christmasy to me but I love it! It accelerates so move very quickly. Stays ivory too.

Merry Berry sold well for me last holiday season though I renamed it. It smels like berries and pine. It also moves veerrrrry fast. Be careful! I managed a swirl each time but just.

I did several holiday scents last winter and all did well. I'm doing them all again this year plus adding 3 more seasonal scents.

Becky

3. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Merry Berry sells well here--I am nw North Dakota--I was wondering about the Butter rum and the Pomegranate---I may have to try the Pomegranate. Carolyn

4. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Pomegranates are used a lot in fall and winter decorations around here. So I thought I would introduce that FO for the holidays.

I have got to get busy soaping!

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

last year I also used the juice of the pom fruit in my soap hoping to get red but twas a light pinkish tan

6. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Sondra, I wondered if the juice would color the soap any. I have never used added coloring.
    I did a small 3+ lbs yesterday in the Tea Tree Oil. I did them in my silicon baking wear molds. I cannot wait to turn them out!
    I have a sea shell type called a madeleine, tartlets, and a small rectangles.
    I did 58 all together. They are all about 1 oz each.
    They will be for my Christmas sales.

7. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I used to soap one called Santa's Pipe. I just loved that scent for Christmas, but couldn't find it at Starville's any longer. I was in Tyler last weekend and he said that the one they have now is called Autumn Lodge. I smelled it and it is the same thing as Santa's Pipe so YEA... I bought a bottle and plan on soaping some today. I also have the Merry Berry, but haven't soaped it yet. Maybe I'll do a batch of that too since everyone seems to like it.

8. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I use Autumn Lodge. It takes you way off in the woods on a fall day with woodstove smoking. It is great.

Autumn