For the formation of a MM club

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Sondra, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK thanks everyone for checking in here and for the most part we will patiently wait on everyone interested to ck in and also most importantly for Vicki to get her electricity back on and up and running. I will not be doing much of anything as yet because of the hot hot weather and am not staying here where there is a computer. We will then run some polls and other things. Yep PAM we will need to have some shows here that is for sure. :biggrin Tho I sold most all my Mini's to Lynn and Vicki so gosh now will not have much to show with :)

2. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres New Member

I would be very interested in helping out however I can as well!

Jenny

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I accept the nomination of President and second those of Sondra for VP and Theresa for Treasury/Secretary.

Once we get the bylaws and constitution we can then have folks join the club, and we can nominate directors from each section of the country that has mini's.

With INBA (International Nubian Breeders Association) being the best breed club, I think we should loosely use their bylaws and constitution since it has worked so well for them. ??

With SCTGA still having the 3rd ring only a senior doe class, (that we started with our mini show 2 years ago) can't see why they would care if we had an afternoon show after their senior doe show, while they are having bucks and juniors. It certainly made the club money us paying for the judge and us all buying from the raffle and bringing things for the raffle. Vicki

4. Goater

Goater Guest

We have several friends who have mini-manchas who are very interested in having a show in the Houston area.

We will encourage them to be at the September meeting of the SCTGA to support a MiniMancha ring. We have several young goat owners who would like to learn showmanship and show their goats.

We will support and work towards promoting the club and the breed.

Lenny &

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sounds excellent to me and I will accept VP

6. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

I nominate Sara for co-president! :rofl

Camille (who doesn't belong over here at all, at all!)

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yeh she could just be a honor supporter :) doesn't even have to own goats

8. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I accept for sec/tres. So, let me know what I need to do.
    Theresa

9. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Camille! You are so bad! If you want to nominate me for co-president than I nominate you as chair of the welcome wagon committee. :rofl

Sara

10. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Ah glad all that sounds settled!!

Just found the board... I am slow sometimes.

Sounds great especially since I just realized I have 12MM vs 7LM (does)

11. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

I assume that the welcome wagon isn't "on the wagon" and that the club will, ahem , provide the required libations? In which case, I nominate Whim as the co-welcome wagon chairman! And in which case, I accept. :rofl

Camille

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

All right your two :) And don't go getting Whim over here :) :) LOL!!! Vicki

13. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

This all sounds pretty interesting, too bad I don't have any mini L, but I could go borrow one of Vicki's as long as I can run faster than her shotgun. :biggrin

I know very little about the goat world right now, but I do sit infornt of a computer all day, so if I can help a little let me know.

14. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Troy just wait till spring you will have MM :)

15. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Troy, go in the early morning and take one! Vicki is sleeping then and you will have more time to run!!! :biggrin
    Theresa