Feed - need to make a feed for a day or two

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by paulaswrld, Aug 16, 2008.

1. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I know this is far from optimal, but I have feed being delivered Monday AM, was suppossed to be delivered Friday Afternoon but the truck came out and a road was closed heading to my house ( did not know about it) so no feed...anyhoo, I am pretty much running out and will be out by tmr. Had actually thought I was good as a neighbor goatherdswomen uses the same feed and I had hoped she would drop by a bag to me today...unfortunatly, she forgot and has now left the area until late today...I of course am heading out to a show with my girls...so, can I make up something...should I :help just feed alfalfa pellets, beet pulp and lots of hay....I have access to a tractor supply and can buy pretty much anything except Barley. Another lesson learned....never get this low on feed!!!

Thanks,

Paula

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

It's why I feed what I do. I can get alfalfa pellets, oats, some corn and soybeanmeal or a calf manna knockoff from any store in any town.

Just make sure you duplicate it as close as you can...but sorry I wouldn't be going to a show and stressing them out along with their feed. You could throw your good milkers into milkfever and bloat the others. Vicki

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I would say if you were staying home to just stick with hay and alfalfa pellets but am with Vicki on this as far as going to a show.

4. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Thanks, I unloaded the girls, got them set up and left my adult chilkdren with them...they all had enough grain for this whole day. I came back home will head to bed, and will head out to a friends house early in the AM and get my same feed and head back to the show. This should keep them on a regualr diet... Thanks so much for your input and I bet my girls are thanking you too!!

Paula

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

GEESE I read your hurried typing as "adult chicken with them" and thought you had completely lost your mind.

6. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

:rofl I was so tired...but, the girls had a GREAT day...we placed all our does in the money in every class and my 2yo was 1st place udder.

Thanks always,

Paula