FDA Globalization Act of 2008

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by SherrieC, Aug 4, 2008.

1. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Has anyone actually found the actual paragraph, where cosmetics does or does Not include the manufacturing of Lotions (probably) or Soap? I could always if I had to stop making everything but the soap. I am afraid we will loose all our Great suppliers if this does effect small companies. Maybe they'll put a clause in nullifying businesses under $50,000 a year gross :biggrin

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Actually Sherrie no. And it is not even on the radar of the small business info letter I get nor with NOW small business for women info.

Not only that I sat and wasted my time listening to the utube on the cosmetic day they were talking about, it had nothing to do with anything but USDA...and how pissed congress is that they still are not policing themselves, nothing about small business.

This is alot like Scrapie and now NAIS...alot of people talking about nothing so far. Vicki

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Ok. so for how you see it, we're still in the clear for now. Lol! I won't worry till you say Worry.

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Nope Sherrie it is all talk

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Oh the lurkers I peeve off :)

And if, which I couldn't find it in the paperwork, the government does put a $2000 fee on every cosmetic company...and soap isn't a cosmetic, than hey lets work with the system like we did with Scrapie to use our tattoo's, and NAIS to use microchips, so that companies that don't gross $1,000,000 in annual sales are exempt? ETC....and please the caliber of people once again writing letters and spouting information...perhaps you should be grossing at least $100 a year before you are allowed to even think you represent my views. (Written especially for the lurker :) who milks 2 goats and thinks she runs a goat milk soap company! Vicki

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Vickie you and your stalkers, ( I mean Lurkers) I was more worried about the Lip balm's Shampoo's , Lotions, I thought they may fall under the Cosmetic's catagory? And Also If this did put people out of business of Losing all our wonderful Suppliers.

7. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Okay, I'm totally in the dark here. What are we talking about here??? :help2 (the cosmetic thing...don't care about the lurkers)

Sheryl