Fantasy Matings

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by ecftoggs, Nov 23, 2007.

1. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Ok, If you all could mate any doe with any buck of your breed of choice, who would it be. Money is no option and semen is available from all sires that have ever lived. So mate away.

Tim

2. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I would buy a doe kid from Redwood Hills Remember Jambalaya and breed her AI to Sand Dance HLS Rico Suave.

3. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

So many choices...I would like to see what Sun-Kissed Madam Razz to Nimrodel Sausalito would look like. Razz is a 2x National Togg Champ and Sausalito has been Premier Sire at least 1x.
    Tim

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Not trying to be conceited but I would love to see my doe Knowles Island BJ-M Macey AI'ed to Kastdemur's At Your Service or Brown Sugar Crown Ambassador. And in my Lamanchas, I would love to see SGCH *B Glen-Mythos Stormbringer AI'ed to GCH Kastdemur's Make7upYours...that would be awesome.

Oh the dreams....
    :biggrin

5. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Autumn,
    That is the joy of this game, you can do any mating you wish! Keep thinking!
    Tim

6. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Hey Chris, I just AI'd one of my favorite Hill N Holler does to Rico!!! Sure hope I get a doe kid out of it. I will be sending blood off in a couple of weeks, she passed over her next heat last Saturday - so here's hoping!!!!

7. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I'd breed my nicest doe, Evette to either a Saada or Kastdemur buck who has bloodlines to compliment her. You reallly need to know what bloodlines will go with what to get the ideal kids. My goat mentor has taught me that you can take two goats with outstanding pedigrees and breed them and if the lines don't meld, you can wind up with goats that won't win in the show ring.

8. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Oh gosh... this is something to think about.
    I would have to say that I would like to see my yearling doe kid, Narrow Chance Angel Star, which is a kid from Lakeshore Farms Ace Starbucks, AI'd to Lakeshore Farm Doctor Luke. ( I have 3 straws) Just waiting to see if she freshens with any kind of udder.
    My next would be Kastdemur's Alsways and Forever (Full Service Daughter) line bred to something of Kastdemur's Full Service or At Your Service. Now that would be an awesome breeding I think.
    Come to think on it.. make that my first choice.. and my doe my second.. :biggrin

9. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Funny how things change. If you would have asked me that as a Nubian breeder 7-10 years ago - it would have been Bar-W Santana J. But after seeing more of his offspring and learning more about that I probably would use it, but not with the same thrill as before.

Right now, I think the buck of my dreams to use would be Brown Sugar Crown Ambassador. Of course, that will never be..... I think a young buck that has some good potential and is an up and coming star in the Nubian world is Kastdemur's King Of The Hill - an Ambassador son.

Another Fantasy buck that I think would work well with my lines is Prairie Patch Miller.

10. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Ditto Tim, Crown Ambassador semen to AI into my herd. And while we are dreaming, embroy's out of them to try with different bucks, Full Service, ACE, Explorer. Vicki

11. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati Active Member

Prairie Patch Miller- I would like to try him with a couple of my does :), especially Babe and Ramona...
    and Crown Ambassador
    AND Full Service :lol

12. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Ok, I no longer breed Nubians, but Pittmanor's Agate (Dam of GCH Rio Del Oro's Bertha, CH Boza, and many others) bred to Prairie Patch Miller.

13. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

My fantasy breeding would be to polled bucks {so I do not have to disbud} that do not SMELL :crazy

Patty

14. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

And that my friend is a REAL fantasy.

15. Gabe

Gabe New Member

But not impossible I guess.
    How many of the offspring will be polled? Is this a recessive or dominant gene?

16. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Polled is a dominant trait.
    I have a heterozygously polled Nubian buck...it has been nice having kids that don't need to be disbudded. :biggrin

There is a concern with polled to polled breedings. If you end up with a homozygously polled female there is a chance (likelihood?) of her being a hermaphrodite...

I have a heterozygously polled female who is settled to her father (the above buck) :mad
    So, when she kids, if any doelings come out polled...well, they aren't leaving the farm until I see whether they will breed or not.
    Actually, both the does in my avatar are his daughters. The one in the back is the one he settled.

17. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And when you do have a purebred Nubian polled goat, there are those who will say, "There is something fishy in that pedigree"! Once again sort of frowned upon like American Nubians :) Vicki

18. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Yup.
    I tried tracing his polled genetics. I got to one person and haven't had any luck getting ahold of them.
    The problem with polled is a lot of polled kids get disbudded and then aren't listed as polled on their papers. I know the vet assistant ended up burning a number of kids who would have turned out rough polled if I had not brought them in.
    I don't have any registered purebred does, so I can't sell purebred anyways. :lol ;)

19. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Too bad American Nubians are frowned upon. I have a few of them who are 100% dairy and likely 100% Nubian as well. They just go back to a commercial dairy where the breeder didn't register everything she milked. She always has to bring other breeds to make sanction (there's never a shortage of Nubians) so for a long time she left her Nubies home. Some of my Americans have nicer udders than some of my Purebreds.