Fairs? Contests? Help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by minimanchalover, Aug 21, 2015.

1. minimanchalover

minimanchalover New Member

I'm new on here, and I'm fairly new with dairy goats. I'm part of 4H at my high school, I'm the president of it and it's my final year in high school this year. Class of 2016! Woohoo! Anyway, I have three miniature La Mancha goats. They stay at my school and it's a small private school, I'm the only one with any type of animal there. I'm looking to do something with a bang with my last year, and I can't find anything that tells me a mini dairy goat can be in a contest or anything. They are all registered and tattooed but I need help for my senior project. Is there a type of fair just for the miniature dairy goats or is there no such thing? Help, please.

2. jfred1357

jfred1357 New Member

Hello, I'm in the dairy goat gruop in My 4-h club and I show Nubians. You aren't allowed to show miniature breeds of dairy goats in 4-h or FFA shows or fairs but you are allowed to show miniature breeds at open shows. I hope I could help. I'd also recommend getting a regular La Mancha! Good luck with your senior project!

3. minimanchalover

Thank you so much, my 4H group is really small, maybe like five people at most? So we were aloud to basically get any type of animal, I've been wanting a regular La Mancha goat for a while. Thank you for your information, it did help!

4. tendermeadowsnigerians

tendermeadowsnigerians Senior Member

You are allowed to show mini breeds in 4-H & FFA, it just depends on your county and the classes offered at your fair. At our fair all breeds & crosses are allowed to show & your goats do not have to be registered. The rules are different for each county. 4-H & FFA do not discriminate based on breed.

5. minimanchalover

Thank you, I must now figure out what my county allows! I appreciate the both of you, thank you

6. goatgirl2

goatgirl2 New Member

Yes there are mini breeds go 4-H and FFA